So, it is pretty sad how fast Mykelle has and is growing up! I journal ALOT! Less now than I ever have, so I need to be better. I journaled almost everyday of my pregnancy, and the first years of Mykelle's life! It was one of the most exciting times of my life! Here is my journal entry of the Mykelle's BIRTHday....(actually the 25th)
May 25,2004
WARNING: Graphic details.
*What I experienced on May 23rd was the most AMAZING thing ever! On Saturday 5/22 My family came to stay with Seth and I for the weekend! We planned on eating lots of food, hanging out, and playing games. We had a BBQ on Saturday with David,Candice,Mom,Dad,Jessica and Naomi. We decided to go to LIBERTY(my favorite) park to play football and frisbee. We played real intense hoping it would send me into labor. I had taken an evening primrose oil pill that morning, and also had lost my plug a few days earlier. I had been leaking some liquid all day. It was really watery so I was hoping for something! As soon as we got home that night, about 10. I talked to Jessica's mom about what could be leaking from my *ahem*...you know. It clearly wasn't pee. So she told me to go to the hospital, and check to see if it was my water. Seth,Naomi and I went to the hospital. They checked me, and sent me home with sleeping pills! DAMNIT! They said 15 minutes, and I would be out!(I had been having really bad contractions and they were suppose to help)I don't remember much after that, just TONS and TONS of pain, pressure, warm baths, and my ass FALLING OFF... so I thought! I went back to the hospital, and at 2am, they said I wasn't ready, and sent me home AGAIN! I clearly was in acitve labor, I just wasn't dilating! They gave me morphine to help, but it didn't. I was back at the hospital at 9. Seth had been up all night, and he was so warn out! He asked my parents if they would take me there, and he would meet up in a little while! My mom called the hospital after an hour of contractions, and they told me to come in and they would check me! We went into the hospital, and let Seth get some sleep. My parents took me, and we met Jessica and Naomi there! They checked me, and I was only dilated to a 3, and 100% thinned.Everyone started showing up at the hospital Michael, Jackie, David, and Candice were there first. I got a blessing from Jessica's cousin and uncle. I was in alot of pain until I got the epidural. Then all was good. IT WAS AMAZING!! I felt so good! I was in labor at the hospital for 5 hours, and then it was time for me to push. At the time, it seemed a little crazy. Like a dream. I don't remember alot, but I do remember everyone's reactions when she was born.( Yeah, everyone meaning all 12 people that were there) I jsut remember everyone crying, and excitement! I pushed for 15 minutes with her. IT was pretty easy. Giving birth to Mykelle was AMAZING. It is such a miracle. I love her so much, and I've only know her for a few minutes. She is beautiful. We had tons of visitors on her birthday. At about 7pm that night, she came in to breast feed, and she couldn't eat much. A few hours later the nurse came in and said she was turning blue, and they took her to the NICU. At the time, I was so drugged up that I didn't know really what was going on, but the next day, it was very scary! She had pneumonia. She has to stay in for a week. I can't wait to have her home with me.She is perfect in every way!*
So, as I recovered from having her, I heard the stories of my drugged up labor. I started remembering some things like....seeing things running around our apartment. Thinking my ass was literally going to fall off.Crying.Cryng.Screaming.My mom and sister giving me several hot baths.Seth getting pissed and saying FOCUS ON YOUR BREATHING! I'm pretty sure scooby doo was running around my house( That was one of my hallucinations)I told Seth that if people seem to be bothering me, than he needed to tell them to leave me alone! He did a good job, even though he pissed my sister and Jess off several times!
One thing I will never forget is that morning getting ready to go to the hospital, and crawling down the hall with my hair piece to go to the hospital. I also remember falling asleep with a banana in my mouth, and Seth yelling at me that I was going to choke! but mostly..... I remember my ass falling off!
In all honesty, it was one of the happiest moments of my entire life!!! Thank you to everyone that was part of that day! It is so memorable to me!
Without a doubt, we are so lucky to have Mykelle's amazing,wonderful,loving, energetic,happy, loving spirit in our lives!!!

5 comments:
Make me cry, I love that you posted part of your journal. I also felt like mu ASS was going to fall off them.. HA HA
Love Holly
I laughed my a** off just reading that! I remember talking to a few days after and you telling us all that! So funny! I am so glad that Mykelle is in your life, as well as mine and Kylies! We love her! Happy 4th birthday MyKelle!
Oh my heck what an awesome entry, Thanks for sharing. I'm tryign not to wake up my babies as I'm laughing my a** off! MYkelle is such a sweetheart and I am so happy that you have her. Happy Birthday Mykelle (tomorrow)!!
Mykelle is such a sweet daughter. I've really realized the more patient I am with her, the sweeter she is. She has got such an awesome personality, and is so much fun!
Happy B-day tomorrow Mykelle, and I hope you had a fun day hanging out with us today at Jungle Jim's for your B-day! Love, Dad
So I'm sitting here at the airport reading this and almost about to cry, but also laughing so much that people around me are starting to think I'm crazy! That is such an amazing memory for me as well. Thank you so much for letting me be a part of that special day! My favorite part was you freaking out that your hair wouldn't look good at the hospital and you keep reminding me to bring that damn hair piece! And when Scooby Doo was making you laugh, even though I never saw him! ha ha! I love you and Mykelle SOOOOO much! Happy Birthday baby girl! (TJ says happy birthday MickeyKell!)
Post a Comment