9.06.2008

09.09.06

Well, Trey is finally here, and he is AMAZING! He is so wonderful! We went in Tuesday morning at 9:30. They had everything ready when we got there! They checked me, and I was dilated to a 2 1/2 and 70% thinned. They called Dr. Larkin and he broke my water! It was so weird! Anyway, they started pitocin after that, and I started feeling contractions right away. I got the epidural. My nurse's name was Jen and she was AWESOME! I loved her! Around 12 I was only dilated to a 4 and it seemed like forever to get to a 6. But from 6 to 9, it went so fast! The doctor came in and checked me, and told me to push with the next contraction. The next thing I knew, they were running and getting everything ready to deliver Trey. When I started pushing again,he was born. It literally took 3 minutes.3 quick pushes. When they laid him on my chest, he just stared at me. I of course started balling! I fell in love immediately! He weighed 7lbs 13 oz. 20 inches! He was born at 5:40pm I felt wonderful immediately after! I was starving! I wanted Wendys ASAP! He has been a wonderful baby! So cuddly, and he nurses great! He has since the day he was born! He sleeps so good too! Mykelle loves him. She is so sweet and gentle with him. Seth has been great too!

If you were at the hospital that day, please tell me your memories.... You know I have a horrible memory.....

2 comments:

TJ and Jessica said...

What I remember is it taking you a while to dilate so we were all just hanging out in your hospital room anxiously waiting! I kept taking Mykelle for walks so she wouldn't get bored and I took her to McDonalds and everyone got mad at me for leaving the hospital, ha ha! Then after your epidural everything seemed to happen so fast, you started pushing so Em and I went in the waiting room which was right next to your room. It felt like we had just sat down when we heard a baby cry! I couldn't believe it was that fast! He was so beautiful and I was so proud of you! And I remember that you wanted a chicken sandwich from Wendys right after! When they moved you to mother baby we watched Fear Factor because Michael and Jackie's friends were on it. Wow, I have a freakiously weird memory! Most of all I remember feeling grateful that I was able to share that special moment with you! I love you and I love Trey Trey! Happy Birthday little stud!

Emily said...

So pretty much Jessica covered it all. You wanted fresh fries with no salt also. Oh and Randi threw up everywhere on the way home and your nurse was like "I'm sorry" when you told her I was having twins. Ha ha, good memories. I also remember feeling grateful to be part of it! Thanks!