We had our annual Girl's weekend in July! It was such a BLAST! As you can see from the pictures below, we have all been friends for a long time!
Jessica and I have obviously been friends the longest. We met when I first moved to Fruita from Richfield. We have been friends since. Back then my nick name was Brown Sugar and Jess' was Powdered sugar. Ha Ha. I know we are dorks. Seth still calls me that name and has since I first met him!
Mindy and I met in High School, and although we were good friends then, we became besties after High School when we both moved to SLC to go to college. We also used to all go to church dances and stuff together back in the day.
Emily lived in Colorado as well, but I never knew her until I moved to SLC and hung out with Mindy again. I immediately loved her, and we have been the best of friends as well!
We have all had such a good time together, and those were some of the best times of my life!
Girls, I will always remember our late nights, dancing, No Doz, All nighters, Camping Trips, Boys, Boys, Boys, working out, being crazy, WE'RE GOING TO LAS VEGAS, and I will never forget the time Mindy, Emily, and I all had our first babies together. Although some thought we were devil children, we were far from it! :) I love you guys so much!
Karissa wasn't able to make it, but she was defiantly in our thoughts! I hope you can come next year Karissa!
Getting ready to go to dinner in 2003
Mindy and Emily's apartment in 2003
Late nights 2003

Jess and I back in the day when we were 13 years old at Girls camp!

Mindy and I got together before our girl's weekend and made cakes for Emily's birthday and Jessica's think "Positive" cake. (Since she is trying to get pregnant) This picture was taken the first night we were in PC. Before Jess arrived, we went to Bangkok Thai on Main in PC. If you have not been there you should go! It is so good! (Not the Thai dumpling though.)
- She is honset and loyal
-She is loving
-She is very easy to talk to

-She is so easy going
-She is FANTASTIC to be with and so fun
-She is a great example to me
-She is the most thoughtful person I know
-She is so loving
-She is so trustworthy














6 comments:
You little sweetie! Thanks for the sweet comments. This post almost made me cry (I don't know why!)... until the cucumber part. Now I'm laughing so hard!! But I love you and I love all my friends. We are sooo lucky to be so close to each other even though we all live so far away. I love the part that you put you hope Kel has friends like us. I hope my babies have friends like you too!
<3 Love you!!
I almost cried too Jess. I think it's just something that happens more often with age. I love you girls! The only thing that could be better then girls weekend is living in the same neighborhood! Some things I love about Melissa:
-She's crazy fun
-She's so completely honest, but sweet at the same time
-She's a great example to me and many others.
MUUAAAHH!!
What a fun weekend. It is so great to have such good friends. I love you blog, and I am glad that I was able to find it. See ya
Steph
What a great post Mel! Puts mine to shame! :) I love you and I love the fact that you have such a BIG heart. Everyone that you come in contact with adores you and who you are. You are someone that we all want to be like, and someone who we don't know what we would do without. I love all you girls like sisters. I am blessed to have you in my life and that we are still close through all the years that have passed us by. I, as well, hope that my girls have amazing friends like I do.
And you have to add the cucumber, which makes this post THAT MUCH BETTER! :) lol
I love you girls! Melissa, thanks for posting that picture of you and Jessie at girls' camp. That has always been one of my favorites. You both are so cute and young and precious. Thanks to you all for being such great friends to my daughter.
i follow this blog that is never updated. sniffle.
Post a Comment