BUT.....
When we got back, our house was not done like we had planned, so we are staying with Mike and Jackie [THANKS!] I have tons of pictures to post when we finally get back in our house!
So, about my flight on the way to Florida.... Do you remember me saying that I didn't want to fly alone because everything will go wrong? Well, Mykelle and I got on our plane at 7:00am the morning we left.
We arrived in Houston at 10, and were suppossed to get on our flightto Orlando at 1:00pm BUT, they overbooked the flight by THIRTY FIVE people. They were removing everyone from rows 33 and up. We were 35.
So, I sit back and wait to hear what the plan is. I'm calm. I just want to know what to do next. After one hour, people are getting pissed, there are two more flights leaving that day, but they are all full. They are trying to pay people to volunteer for the flight the next morning offering hotel and money. I don't want to volunteer. I want to go be with Seth.
2 hours later, I go get in line with everyone else because they are clearly not doing anything about it. I kept telling myself... don't cry, it's not a big deal if you get stuck here all night. FOR 10 hours.
Then, I see the lady in front on me bawling because she is going to miss her sister's wedding that she hasn't seen in two years... blah. blah. blah. Sad story, but she looks like an idiot and is being hysterical. I will not cry. I don't want to look like that lady. 1 hour later, it is my turn in line,
[Mykelle in the mean time, has made friends with two little girls, and they are all coloring in her coloring books. She is such an angel, and being SO GOOD. Thanks baby girl]
So, the lady says I can either fly out tomorrow morning [They'll pay my hotel], or at 9:30pm that night. I take 9:30pm. I'm still calm after seeing everyone else freak out. She gives me 40 dollars for lunch and dinner, and puts me on stand by for 3:45pm. [Along with almost all the other people that didn't get on the flight] She was really nice, and helpful.
She then decides to give me 1,000 dollars towards another flight with Continental. I''m excited. That makes it better. I'm in pretty good spirits, I almost didn't go to the flight for standby. There was no way I was going to get on that flight. I go anyway. I wait. They don't call our names. I almost walk away, and they call us!!! How did we get on? Who knows, but it was such a sweet deal in the long run. I made it to Orlando only 3 hours later than planned! Honduras here we come!!!!
I have something else to tell you.....
Close your eyes, and imagine this....
Your on an airplane headed from Orlando to Houston. You get there, everything is good. Your ready to be in your own home after a busy vacation.
Oh wait. Flight delayed. 2 1/2 Hours.
Fine, you'll play with your daughter and entertain ALL the kids waiting to get on this flight.
Since your flight is delayed, it is cutting REALLY close to your connecting flight to Salt Lake.
It will be fine. You will have 10 minutes to get to that flight once you land in Houston.
Finally, you get on your airplane to Houston. Really nice plane, pretty good meal. "Confessions of a Shopaholic" is on. Your daughter made friends with a little girl while waiting to get on the plane and she sits right by her. They talk the whole flight! This is awesome! AND you get a kit kat bar with your meal! BONUS!
Flight lands in Houston! You sprint to the plane. You have to pee REALLY bad. You feel like you pee your pants a little. You look down..... IT'S BLOOD! HOLY CRAP. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!! It's not a little blood.... It's A LOT!!! DOWN YOUR LEGS!!! FRONT AND BACK!!! EVERYONE THAT LOOKS CAN SEE!
This cannot be happening , you are not suppossed to start your period for another week! No extra clothes, no tampons, flight leaves in 5 minutes! SHIT!
What are you going to do?? Really, what would you do?

9 comments:
Um, did that really happen?!! You poor girl. I need to hear everything. When are you coming to see me?
OH my goodness! Really, really did that happen? Yep pretty sure that would SUCK! AND.........I know exactly how you feel. that is what happens to me every time I fly. that is why I hate to fly out there, and don't do it as often as people think I should. Good ol stand by and over booked flights. it always makes then fun. :) Awesome about the $1,000 though, that is fantastic. Instead of Hondurus youc an come see me. :)
Oh my goodness, that's terrible!!! I'm calling you right now!
BUT WHAT WOULD YOU DO??????????????
Run as fast as my little legs could go and deal with it on the airplane. It would be better than missing your flight!
I guess I would just run to my flight and use some wet wipes until I could go to the bathroom. But that is too sad. Once that happened to me when chris and I were dating. Of course I was wearing white pants. I noticed it at dinner. We were eating ribs. So I did the first thing that popped in my head. I pretended like the rib slipped out of my fingers and dropped it right in my lap. So then I went to the bathroom to clean up and he just thought I had BBQ sauce on my pants. Being a girl sucks sometimes
really? that happened to you? what would i do? i would die.
okay, maybe a litte dramatic but i would WANT to die. what did you do?
i love to hear how you talk yourself through your emotions. i do the same thing ... constantly. "don't get upset, don't cry etc."
so why did you have to travel without seth? where was trey?
can't wait to see pics (my blogging friends are BORING lately).
Jess, that's exactly what I did!
Except I stopped into the bathroom to make a "Homemade" pad.[I know it's gross] I had to beg Mykelle to let me use her blanket. [You know how she is with her blanket] Of course she said no, so I showed her why I need it. She was really sympathetic. "Awwwwwwww..... are you okay? You can use it mommy!" she said. So cute. She didn't say another word about it. I made a skirt out of it, and ran to the plane. Of course I sat by a guy coming back from Mexico who wanted to talk the whole time. I just kept thinking, I am so glad I don't stink! [Even more gross]
He finally fell asleep.
There was one good thing. The flight attendant, a male, was really good looking, and he had really big muscles. He spoiled me the whole time I was on the flight, bringing me extra drinks, and food, and when I was sleeping, he brought me a blanket and pillow. If you ever fly Continental, and run into a really buff, good looking guy, maybe thats him.
Seth's flight of course went well, and he felt really sorry for all that I went through. After he picked me up from the airport, he went and bought me tampons. When I went to Jackie's that night, I showed Seth my pants. He almost gagged :P
He was mostly sweet though!!
Ailee, you are so clever!!! Good idea with the ribs!!! Miss you babe! Hope to see you ASAP!
Emily,
Seth and I flew seperate because we had two free flights with another airline! Trey was with Seth. He LOVED the plane, and was really good!
Post a Comment