I am so thankful for our Prophet, and feeling so blessed that we can hear what our Heavenly Father wants us all to know through him and the other speakers as well.
The day after Conference.... on Facebook, several people had lots of rude and disrespectful comments about the Church. Which makes me even more proud of who I am, and what our church stands for. We really are so lucky we have a guide to help us get through this trying life.
This life is a test for us all, to prove that we love our savior and our God. To show our faith, and our love for him. It is hard, and we have to work at it everyday, but the reward is going to be so amazing!
I have been thinking a lot about why some people have a hard time with our church, and why some of our members have a hard time from straying. Our church is strict. It has very strict guidelines for a reason. Our Lord knows so much more than we do, and he knows what is best for us. He does not make mistakes in his teachings.
Satan is everywhere, and wants us to be miserable like him.
Some people just don't see it either. We are told to LOVE everyone, and to be like Jesus Christ. We don't have to love the sins that others choose to do, but we are told to care for others and to love them and treat them with respect. Even people that hate us. That hurt us. We don't have to have them in our lives, but we shouldn't have hatred toward anyone.
My favorite things from Conference were:
Don't do anything you wouldn't want your own children to do. Including your books you read, television you watch, and clothes you wear.
Seek ALL your answers in the scriptures.
Live in Thanksgiving daily.
Pause to see your many blessings that God has bestowed upon you.
Live life as if Christ were standing next to you.
And another thing, that I have always said, was do not let your kids have sleepovers. Sometimes, it is setting your kids up for failure. I will stand by this. I always have.
Except for sleepovers at my house, and the most trusted family members :) I also really liked what(someone) said about waiting up for your children when they go out as teenagers. They are more likely to make good choices if their parents are waiting up to hear about the things they were doing, and how their night went.
Conference morning, I gave my kids conference kits. they had treats, coloring books, stickers and molding clay to play with while they listened to conference. We also had their Conference packets from Primary. They did great the first half, but they were bored the 2nd half. Either way, they did great!

7 comments:
I like these 2 comments you had on your blog
Don't do anything you wouldn't want your own children to do.
Pause to see your many blessings that God has bestowed upon you.
Now that I am a mommy, I sure look at things different and try to be an even better person and example for her.
Great post, Melissa. I haven't watched conference yet, only bits and pieces, but I was really upset when I saw some of the comments on FB. I really try not to judge anyone, especially other religions. I have enough problems of my own to worry about what others are doing. You made me excited to watch conference now, can't wait to get home to do so.
I always told you facebook is a waist...just teasing. Sorry there was such a negative feedback. Any negativity is bad no matter what it is about. I have to say my new favorite pic of Swayzee is with her in Seth's coat, I love it.
i'm happy to hear you enjoyed your weekend.
Thanks for your awesome perspective. I love being a member of this church, and i feel the doctrin only come from a place of love.
Could Swayzee get any cute? don't think so.
Conference was SO AMAZING!! I loved Pres. Monson's talk and Sis. Cook's talk. I loved her thoughts on parenting. So inspiring! I can't believe people were saying negative comments about the church. If only they could see the happiness it brings to so many lives. I don't feel like our religion is strict, I also don't think it's always easy, but I wouldn't be the person I am if it weren't for the gospel. LOVE, love, love it!!! That is so neat about Trent! Good for him! And seriously, you are such a cute mom! Write down all these fun ideas so I can steal them in a few years :)
I think are church is strict, but the reason we don't have a hard time with it Jess, is because we wouldn't do any of that stuff any way! I sin everyday though! I just don't think a lot of the things people enjoy doing, I would do!
Post a Comment