10.06.2010

Heavenly Tomato Basil Soup

This soup was to die for! We all loved it, it was so easy, and everyone had 2nds.

I'm not like Dr. Laura. You can have 2nds at my house. It wasn't the 'Healthiest soup" but you can make it less tasty, and less fatty if you sub a few things. It was worth all the calories.

2 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes ( I used the one with spices added)
1 (14.5 oz) Can chicken broth
18 fresh basil leaves, minced
2 Tbls sugar
1 cup whipping cream ( I used half and half)
1/2 cup butter or marg.


In a large saucepan, bring the tomatoes and broth to a boil. Reduce heat to low; stir in cream and butter. Cook until butter is melted, Do not boil. Mix in basil.


I also added orzo pasta it. I wanted to make home made grilled cheese sandwiches, but didn't have time. We are taking a parenting class.

Seth and I are taking Love and Logic classes at Kel's school . I'm so excited for a refresher course on being a parent! Not to mention, Trey has been throwing some terrible fits, and we need to find another way to deal with them!

5 comments:

Scottkids said...

I forgot, I pureed the tomatoes in the blender first! Sorry!

Mrs. JM said...

dr. laura is crazy so i'm real glad you're not like her.

kalisa hosted love and logic classes at her house. we weren't able to make it which made me sad but then i wondered if we might be adding too many techniques considering we're paying for professional help already.

i look forward to hearing how it goes. and trey's fits, it's his age (if that makes you feel better) but, i think how you handle his fits at this age is so important for their personal growth as they get older. ever seen an adult throw a terrible fit? i have . not cool.

soup looks yummy!

Edwards. said...

looks so yummy! I love love love basil! Seriously, love it! I'm gonna have to make that soon, very soon!

We had a love and logic thing this summer while I was gone. Wish I could have gone. I have read the book love and logic birth to age 6. it is a great book. I also look forward to what you have to say about it.

TJ and Jessica said...

We really need to live closer so we can come over for dinner more often :) So Dr. Laura doesn't allow seconds?? She's crazy!

The Halladay Family said...

i have looking for this recipe thanks for posting it.