8.05.2011

The Ending Journey


This pregnancy is coming to an end, and I am finding myself so sad about never being pregnant again.

{I know that we haven't said we are absolutely, positively done, but it is still a little sad. I'm pretty sure we are done}

It makes me sad to think I will not get to feel baby kicks, and hiccups again. Or to just have a big pregnant belly!

I'm so thankful to have been able to experience pregnancy 4 times though. It's been amazing, and miraculous.

My appointment this week was good. I was dilated to a 3 plus. (He said almost a 4) but still effaced to 60%. He still said baby could come at any time. I've had irregular contractions all week long.

I keep telling her to wait until we are done remodeling to come out. We have dust EVERYWHERE! So really, like next Tuesday or Wednesday would be ok. Lol. Then I can re-clean everything! (I did all of our spring cleaning like 4 weeks ago not knowing we would decide to remodel for sure.)

Anyway, we are excited, and I'll keep you posted!

4 comments:

Julie Catoe said...

Oh, My Melissa-

You look incredible!!! SO soon and a new little Scott baby will be in your arms. I cannot wait to hear about her and meet her this year.
I know how you feel, I did not love pregnancy the way you do, but I did love feeling my girls move, it is so special. I loved always having them with me even if it was in my belly, I loved that they were always with me.
I look at Brenna now and almost do not recognize her, she has grown up so fast. I miss my chubby little smiley girl. Now she is almost as tall as me and wears my shoes.
I do not want any more kids but I would give anything to experiences my girls when they were babies just for a day or more again. To laugh and play and admire them all day. When you are their world. It is the greatest thing.
I am pulling a Melissa today I have five kids this weekend and of coarse Kev is working this weekend so it is all me. Kids from 2 to 8.got them on thursday have them until sunday, I feel a little crazy, but it is a lot of fun and reassuring that I only have my girls.

Love you girl,

Julie

Mrs. JM said...

you're cute as ever. it's a bittersweet, i know. i get a little down about it sometimes too, knowing that phase of my life is over and it went by so fast! you make the most of it, hold on to those memories by documenting as much as you can and, look forward to each phase of life. there's so much to come and it will all be wonderful. we should always focus on being present in each moment and embracing each aspect.

i'm so excited to meet little joslynn. i'm selfishly hoping i'll see you on friday so if you could tell her to hang out for a few more days, that would be great.

The Sutherland Family said...

You look great! Good luck with everything and I can't wait to see pictures!

Wells Family said...

You should never stop having children, they are all so beautiful! Can't wait to see some baby photos!!