8.19.2011

Formally Announcing...

Joslynn Reese Scott

Born into the world Tuesday, August 9th @ 8:21pm

Weighing in @ 7lbs 3oz, and 19 inches long

She’s precious, and when I say precious, I mean all the synonyms of the word!

Valued. Dear. Loved. Prized. Enjoyed. Cherished. Treasured. Darling.

We love her so dearly!

I’ve made sure to enjoy every minute of her, which is why I am only blogging now! (as I hold her on my chest)

Here is a glimpse into the last 10 days of our lives!

She has the prettiest hands, the cutest nose, and perfect little lips!



I think she looks like Seth in this picture, but she really has a little bit of all of us in her! We see all of our children and parts of us when we look at her!
Trey loves her dearly, and I cannot say that enough! He adores his baby.

August 10th First photo shoot at the hospital. We didn't purchase the pictures this time.

Mykelle is the most helpful daughter. She is always helping me chase around Swayzee, and loves holding Joslynn too!


Jossy with her mohawk. Lookin just like her big brother Trey when he was born!

August 9th @ about 3:45pm I had my routine visit with Dr. Brown, and just had a feeling that today would be the day. I knew I had made progress in a week, and was having lots of contrations.
We had just finished laying the carpet and putting our house back together 2 minutes prior to my appointment @ 2:30.

My mom came over to watch the kids, and to have me help her make some posters, so that part worked out perfectly.

I went into the doctor jokingly and seriously I told him "Today's the day. My house is done. Make it happen"

He responded with "You don't really have a choice! You're dilated to a 5!"
I told him I'd been having contractions, about 8-10 minutes apart all afternoon. He said it was time to go the hospital (just to be monitored, and to see if this was the real deal)

I needed to go home first though, and although he didn't recommend it, I did anyway. On the way home, I called Seth (Who knew right away it was go time) By that point, I realized I hadn't eaten all day, so I asked him to grab me a cherry limeade from Sonic. That's all I wanted.

I of course got stuck in traffic, and was having strong contractions every 2-3 minutes, and was totally freaked out!

Anyone that knows Seth well will understand, that he was home 20 minutes after me, and my contractions just kept coming on strong. He stayed at work "just a little longer" to explain a few things to his staff. lol.

I told him if I had the baby in the car he was dead!!

I cried also because it was all so exciting, and also because it was coming to an end. I was ready, but I wasn't all in the same. But, mostly I was really excited! I really wanted to go into labor on my own, and never thought it would happen 2 weeks early.

We checked right in, and sure enough I was having contractions every few minutes, and was about dilated to a 7, but my cervix wasn't that thinned. (75%. Same as my appointment)

I got my epidural, and it was go time. Well, a few hours later. I thought for sure by 6, but after my epidural, my contractions slowed down. So around 8:15, doc got there and set up. 2 pushes later, little miss Jossy was born!

It was easy. I forgot to hit my epidural button at the end though, and those after birth pains this time around knocked me down! They were so painful I woke in the middle of the night that night bawling wanting my husband to be there with me, and needing some serious pain medicine. They put me on pitocin to help with the bleeding after birth, and ended up taking me off it, because the pain was no joke!
After that, I felt pretty fabulous...... UNTIL my milk came in 3 days later, and I thought my nipples my fall off. I'm so glad I forget how painful the first week of BF is. Man, that is some serious pain for me too.

As of today, I feel amazing! On a high I hope doesn't leave for awhile!

I still yell at my kids, and get annoyed at my hubs, but I'm still so happy!

I had to take a break from visitors though. I wanted to stay in bed with all my kids and do nothing today!

I LOVE every single person that came by to visit, brought gifts, cards, food, and good company!! Thank you so much for being part of my life, and for caring about us!

xoxo

August 9th: Just checked in!

38 weeks pregnant, loving that belly!

Time to push!

I guessed her weight spot on! Won myself a sweat pants from Target!


My Doc was so awesome with me, and the labor process!

This was like deja vu with Swayzee's birth!


Warm fuzzies inside!

The kids came right over to the hospital to meet her!

Aunt Jess stopped by right after! Love her!

Daddy's baby girl!



Aunt Candice and Uncle Dave

My parents have helped me so much the past few weeks, and I am so thankful for them!!! My mom takes care of me when I'm in the hospital, and brought me tons of stuff to eat and have for those relaxing two days!

AND, I love this picture of my parents!


First Bow!
Swayzee meeting her for the first time!







Sorry for not getting pics with all our visitors! I only remembered half the time.

Aunt Richelle and my nephew Brett


Going Home!



12 comments:

Wells Family said...

First off CONGRATULATIONS on another beautiful baby...second...HOW do you look so beautiful after just having a child? And how did you only push 2 times..lucky! I am so glad things are going well. Can't wait to see more blogs about your beautiful family!!love you! oh and by the way, you always make me have happy tears when I read your blogs!

Scottkids said...

Thanks so much sweetie pie! You are so kind! I'm not sure how I got lucky on the pushing part! I haven't ever pushed longer than 15 minutes, and that was with Mykelle. The rest were under 5. Maybe my kids are anxious for the world, lol. Love ya!

Mrs. JM said...

you folks do make some pretty baby's! congratulations. superwoman.

Emily said...

Dang you almost made it to the end with no medicine! You bad.:) This is so sweet, it makes me think I might not be done. Crap. And I'm sorry, you're sick of visitors, but I have to come and snuggle her! No later then next week! Love you and your fam!

Devin and Jaclyn Stutz said...

Congrats Melissa! She is beautiful! She looks just like the rest of your kids. I sure hope you are doing well. I'm glad everything went well. Let me know if you need anything.

The Sutherland Family said...

Congratulations, she is beautiful!

Jessica said...

She is beautiful. Congrats!

Courtney said...

Congrats she is simple adorable!! such a pretty baby. you're making me want to have another one now. :)

Julie Catoe said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!! She is perfect. All your cutie pies are. I want to be there so bad. I miss you. Love how much love I feel from your post. Love you

The Brindley's said...

Congrats!!! She is sooo beautiful! I would have to say that it made me a bit baby hungry reading this post...'til I read about the sore nipples etc. lol, good thing we do forget. Congrats again.

Angela said...

She is beautiful Melissa! Congratulations to your sweet family!! I love the picture of Trey holding her! How does he feel about all these sisters! Lucky boy! You are superwoman you look amazing in every picture. I'm so happy for you guys. Please let me know if you need anything. Love you and congrats again!!

Kathy&Mike said...

Oh, I just love her so much already! She is absolutely beautiful and I love you all. Swayzee looks so big.