2.23.2012

Loves&Confession


Here are a few of my LOVES over the past few months...

Oh, how time flies. Seth and I both get teary eyed when we look at how big they are getting. I know these years when they are young will be some of the most treasured years of my life. I'm soaking everything in! 

  • Lipgloss 
  • Longer Hair and all the things I can do with it
  • Joslynn's dimple on her right cheek
  • Baking
  • Scripture Reenactments with the kids (So fun!)
  • Swayzee's curls
  • Afternoon jogs with the kids  (I love this winter!)
  • Skinny Jeans and leggings
  • Oil of Olay Total Effects moisturizer 
  • Makeup Forever Foundation
  • Love Story Scentsy
  • Lemon Crinkle cookies (Delicious and light)
  • Being in the Relief Society Presidency
  • Long healthy nails..finally.
  • Going to the Temple
  • Bright finger nail polish
  • Family Dinners
  • Playing Xbox Kinect with Mike and Jackie
  • Yellow and Turquoise
  • Phone conversations with dear friends when I have time
  • Bedtimes stories
  • Trey's prayers
  • Articles of Faith
  • The giggles that Joslynn and Swayzee give each other already. (They are going to be great friends)
  • That Mykelle loves Candice and Naomi so much.
  • Movie night with Emily, Lindsay and Candice
  • Reading old blog posts
  • Date Nights
  • Family Home Evening
  • Mykelle's Sillyness
  • Valentines Parties
  • Candlelit dinners
  • Good Friends
  • Lover Boy (He's been SO great!) 
  • Long talks with Mykelle
  • The show "Shark Tank" 
  • Friday nights with Loverboy
  • Being able to talk to the big guy upstairs
  • My Heavenly Father and Savior
  • Reading my Patriarchal blessing over and over (Each time it has a different meaning)
  • Being a mom and wife......Truly, I think this is the most important role I could have in my life right now. I have to remind myself that what I do each and every day is so important and that I am helping 4 little children develop into who they will become for the world. Not only that, but supporting my husband who would do anything for our family, and works so hard so I can stay home with our children.. At times I may be impatient, overwhelmed, stressed, and sometimes mean, but most of the time, I am so happy, alive, and full of joy for the opportunity to be the things I have always wanted most ...a wife, and a mother. 
Pictures to come REALLY soon. 

Confession:
I've been a terrible blogger! Okay, that one was obvious.

My confession is this... As stated above, I love reading old blog posts. But I also cringe at things I said, my language, and even some of my clothing. Time really does change people. I found myself wanting to delete some pictures, and some of my past posts, but what can I say. It's who I was. I enjoy that time and age make me wiser, and a better me. I wonder what things  from the present time I will look back on in 5 years and think the same thing that I do now. 

I read some of my old journals from High School last week ,and seriously wanted to burn them. I don't know if I would ever want anyone to read them, let alone my children. Should I get rid of them? 

4 comments:

The Brindley's said...

I have soooo missed your blogging! I hope one day I can get myself back into the church and feel the happiness that I can see you are feeling. Do not get rid of your journals. If there are things you regret in them, your kids will only see that you were human, made mistakes, and changed your life. I think you would regret getting rid of them.

The Brindley's said...

PS~I deleted my FB because with me working from home and making my money based on productivity, it was too distracting. :)

Mrs. JM said...

save those journals. tuck them away somewhere safe. one day, when they're A LOT older, grown-ups themselves, they'll have received the knowledge that mom is just a human too!

Mindy Hawks said...

I have gone through my journals and torn out a few pages here and there. I think it's important to learn and grow from our mistakes, but I also think some of my past mistakes that I have repented of are in the past and I can't say I ever want to reread and re-live them! But that's just me!