7.21.2009

Revising Resolutions


Trey Fell asleep while we were painting our red wall in June. Isn't that so precious?

Well, well, well, as far as this goes, I have done pretty well I might say.
  • I will take my endowments out without Seth this year. Seth is not ready to get sealed yet, and I am fine with that. He has been amazing at attending church, and his attitude is totally different this year. It will happen. I know it will. It doesn't change our realtionship in any way [Well, besides the joy I would feel of having my kids sealed to me, and him as well] I still think he is an outstanding man. I will be taking my endowments out by myself for 2 reasons ....

1. Seth already has his out.

2. I need to do it for my own personal growth, and Seth totally understands that. My sweet bishop also agreed that I should do it now, Rather than wait.

  • I have read several books this year already, but have not made it to ten yet. I have read....

1. "Secret Life of Bees" Sue Monk Kidd

2. "Irresistible" by Susan Mallory

3. "Sizzling" by Susan Mallory [Yes, they were romance novels, and they were soooo good. I'm not ashamed to admit it! ]

4. "The Last Lecture" Randy Pausch [ Super Sad]

5. " How to get the Love you want" by Harville Hendrix, Ph. D. [Good Couples Book]

6. " The Memory Keeper's Daughter" by Kim Edwards [ Pretty Good]



As far as the Book of Mormon goes, I really need to be better. I will read all of the kids one by the end of the year. I do know 7 of my articles of faith. :)

  • Eating Healthy is really on and off. I try. We eat tons of fruits and Veggies, but I LOVE to cook food that isn't all that healthy. I do love this bread that Sunflowers Markets sells, and it is 40% of your daily fiber in two slices! I love it! I am really big on the fiber and protein. Seth thinks I buy fiber everything, but I don't. Well, maybe. It is just so good for keeping you from over eating! Fiber One has so many things available. I love it! The caramel and oats granola bar tastes like a treat! Sooo good!

  • Photo Journaling. Not happening. Probably won't until I finish school. Hey, I'm just being honest.

  • Defiantly getting out of debt. Thank goodness!


  • I started the kids journals this year, and they have been awesome! They love them too! I let them write in them. I ask Mykelle a certain question ( Example: What scares you?) and she draws a picture of " The dark" Super cute, and I think she will love it someday. Seth writes in them, and so does my mom and dad. I have enjoyed them, but could probably write a little more!


I could defiantly write Seth more love notes, but let me say, he knows I adore him. Well, I think. I guess I should ask him!



We love to use the red plate, but need to think of more reasons to use it!


So, thats where I stand for now. What do you all think?

4 comments:

TJ and Jessica said...

I was actually thinking about going back to my resolutions and seeing what I need to work on. I guess great minds think alike! :) It all sounds great and I can't wait for next Wednesday!!

Emily said...

Haha, I was just thinking about mine the other day too! Good Job Melissa, I'm proud of you and so happy for you to go through the temple!

AnDeRsEn cLaN said...

I am glad you have set some wonderful goals. I've been in primary and trying to read the scriptures every day is hard espically since I work full time. This post give me more motivation to read harder. I've been working towards getting my recommend renewed and going to the temple, even when my husband is gone. The key is I have the desire and working on the little things to obtain the recommend. You can do it, and I am soo proud of you wanting to do it for your own reasons, and am happy that your bishop and husband is so supportive of you.

Mrs. JM said...

so listen .. i will follow your blog if i can figure out how. i don't see a "follow this blog" anywhere. it's like it was there but then it was gone. have you ever had that happen? HA! okay, serious, i'm following. i'm a follower in a leaders body. the mind of a leader following your blog. a leader following a leader. i can't think of anything else.

i love that you mentioned your resolutions. i have been planning on doing the same thing but i don't want to brag. much like i didn't want to talk about my weight loss (which i appreciated your comment about by the way). i've done great with everything EXCEPT for not yelling at my kids. isn't that sad?! they make me nutty. yelling makes me sane.

your books look interesting. i'll have to post mine too because i've read some super awesome ones.

i love fiber one bars too! they're my daily 10:30 a.m. snack and they make me fart like crazy. it's not even embarrassing. it's natural, right?!

photo journaling is hard. life is busy.

use your red plate whenever you think someone deserves to feel special. maybe i'll take my own advice.

and last of all, i'm happy you're happy in your new ways with the church. obviously it's not part of my life plan but i admire your conviction and desire to be good and do right by yourself and your family. always my hero. that's what you are!

tell seth hi. tell him i resigned from citywide. 100% dirt poor stay-at-home mom. that's me.

ciao now
(sorry if there's spelling errors, i don't know if you've noticed on facebook but i type 75 wpm. i just don't spell all that well while i'm doing it!)