1.06.2009

Resolutions

Although I make changes when I feel they are neccessary, I do like to set goals to accomplish at the beginning of each new year! 2009 is no different. I am excited for 2009. I learned alot last year, and am ready to take on whatever life challenges may come, but I have alot to look forward to this year! Getting Sealed in the temple. This is going to happen for me this year. Seth and I know how important it is for our family, and will do it ASAP!

Read 10 more books this year. including the Book of Mormon. I don't care if I just read the whole kids version and half of the real Book of Mormon. I just need to remember the stories I once knew. Maybe even Rememorize the Articles of faith. Mykelle has to learn all those this year, and I only remember half of them.


Eat more healthy. Minus the seafood. Barf. The time will soon come when I can't eat whatever I want, so I might as well start now. Not only that, but Trey loves junk food because of me! If I am going to be a personal trainer, I need to eat healthy myself, and not tell others to do something I don't even do. I do know how important it is. I stopped drinking pop about a month ago, and have been eating very good for a week. The first few days, all I wanted was candy. Now, it is not so bad. I really don't crave junk at all. Just fruit. This change will help my family. I love to cook and bake, and I need to learn a healthy alternative to good cooking!

Debt. Get out, and stay out!

Journal all my photo albums.Thats about 4 years worth. And make a blog book. Or two.


Keep writing love letters to Seth each week. It makes us both feel special, and I hope I do that forever!

Write letters to my kids each month in a journal, to give to them when they are older. My friend Emily does this, and I think it is one of the most special things a mother could do for her children. I have loved the idea for a long time now, and I am going to start doing that this year. I am also going to use the red plate! Thanks Mindy. (The red plate is used for a special occasion in your home for any certain person. Birthdays, anniversaries, any accomplishment really. Mindy gave me a red plate journal to write about all the times we use the red plate. What a marvelous idea!)

CHEERS TO ANOTHER YEAR!

10 comments:

Mrs. JM said...

yeah for your goals! you mean to tell me you're as skinny as you are and you still eat junk food?! sorry but that's just not fair. i eat so healthy 98% of the time and i'm still overweight. not fair. not fair (as i stamp my feet). ~ i know ... work out.

i am happy that you will write to your kids. it does mean a lot to me too ... they might not ever care but i admit i wish i knew what my mom was going through as i was growing up. and no, i don't cry. i guess i'm just so used to telling them how i feel on a consistent basis, it's more factual than emotional for me. keeping letters to seth is nice too ... jake wouldn't be too keen on that idea but if i were ever to die, there's plenty for him to read in my personal journal. if he can find it. lol

we have a red plate in our home too. a tradition my mom started when i was really young. cayden got to eat on it last night. he was bummed the dinner was chicken and veggies ~ i guess i should have let him pick his own dinner on his birthday ~ but the plate made it taste good. i convinced him of this.

happy new year!

Emily said...

You've been busy posting! Good Job and good luck with your goals. I know you'll do great with them because anything you set your mind to you do great.

Nicki said...

I love, love reading your blog. You are one of the most positive people I know. I hope you guys had a good Christmas and New Years (looks like you did). Keep posting, so I can get my fix.

TJ and Jessica said...

My resolutions are pretty much the same as yours excpet I need to loose weight and get in better shape, something you've already accomplished!

Angela said...

Those are great resolutions!! I am inspired by you.

Kathy&Mike said...

What do you mean when you say "The time will soon come when I can't eat whatever I want"? Do you mean just normal aging? Or are you saying there's a little Scott hiding somewhere???
Love ya!!

Anonymous said...

I'll go with you to the temple!! :)

Edwards. said...

Yeah for Melissa and your cute little family. Mostly for you and the amazing person that you are. What great goals to have and to work towards. Like Emily said, anything that you put your mind to you will do and I am so proud of you! I love you!

sprmom said...

Mel you inspire me you have been such a good example to seth and it is paying off. And not that you need to be told he loves you, we know that, but to commit for time and all eternity with our heavenlt father is the greatest way any man and woman can show their love devotion and acceptance of eachother and our H.F.

Brittney Daniel Liechty said...

You go girl! I think you are awesome & you deserve it all!