2.05.2009

Water and Protein

Water



I have never really loved to drink water until last year. Actually while studying for Personal Training. I realized I need to drink more water! Now, I love it. By drinking water (Even when you don't love it) Your natural thirst will return, and you will crave water! This is true, and I know because now, I LOVE water.( and ice. I crunch ice regulary. I know, I know. Its really bad for my teeth. But I love it. And No, I don't have low iron. I just like it!) Here are the main facts about water and why it is so important for the functioning of a healthy body!

  • Fluid retention is alleviated!
  • Liver functions imrove, increasing the percentage of fat used for energy
  • Natural thirst returns!
  • Appetite decreases significantly
  • Metabolic functions improve!
  • Nutrients are distributed through the body
  • Blood volume is maintained
  • Body temp. is regulated

I always drink a full glass of water before I eat. Sometimes your body will feel hungry when really it is thirsty. This helps you eat less and give your body what it really needs!

Protein

For those of you that drink Protein Shakes daily and get so sick of the taste....

ADD RASPBERRY EXTRACT!

It gets rid of that nasty after taste, and actually tastes delicious! My kids ask for this every morning. They think they are real shakes! You can also add a drop of peppermint too! It takes the after taste away as well, but doesn't taste as good as raspberry! If you want to know all the benefits of protein, leave me a comment and I will tell you all that I have learned while studying! It is crucial if you are trying to lose weight, or working out!

4 comments:

Emily said...

I love to learn new things. Especially if it'll improve your health! Tell me more, and thanks for sharing.

Candice said...

I guess it pays off to be a camel like myself. I just always thought that I was diabetic. It turns out I just like water.

BTW, I'm sore today. Thanks a lot.

TJ and Jessica said...

I want to taste one of these famous protein shakes because I think regular ones are disgusting!

Scottkids said...

Candy-

My chest was extremely sore yesterday! You did such a great job though! You have alot of endurance! I'm proud of you girl!