Mashed Cauliflower
2 Bunches of Cauliflower
Green onions
sour cream
2 tbsp butter
Boil cauliflower until tender (fork can pierce it easily)
mash cauliflower and add green onions, sour cream, butter, and seasonings. I added garlic powder and onion salt.
This is a great replacement for mashed potatoes! You can even add potatoes if you wanted to make a heavier texture, and conceal the cauliflower in it!
my kids loved it, and so did Seth and I.
Banana Bread
Pre-heat oven 350 degrees
Beat together:
1 cup sugar
1/2 c. shortening
Add:
2 eggs
Mix until fluffy
Add:
1 tsp. baking soda to 1/2 cup buttermilk (use 1/2 c. milk + 1 tsp. lemon juice)
Sift together:
2 cups flour
1 tsp. salt
Alternate dry ingredients to sugar/egg mixture adding buttermilk with each mixing.
Add:
1 cup mashed bananas (about 3)
1 Tbsp. vanilla
1/2 cup chopped nuts (if desired)
Pour batter into greased/floured bread pans. I can usually get most in a large pan and then use a small pan for the rest of the batter.
Bake for 45 minutes for the smaller loaf pans, 60 minutes for the larger pan.
For muffins, bake 15-18 minutes. yields about 24 muffins.
Ham Glaze
This ham glaze was so easy, and sooooo good!
1 cup light or dark corn syrup
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons prepared mustard
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 dash ground cloves
Bring all ingredients to a boil and boil for 5 minutes, Brush onto Ham the last 1/2 hour of cooking.
DELICIOUS.
I added pineapple and pineapple juice to mine, and it was to die for! (But I love Ham)
Honey Mustard
*I made this chicken the day I after I baked the Ham, so I just made it up. Sorry no measurements.
Honey
Prepared Mustard
Ginger
Salt and Pepper
Red Onions
I sautéed all the above ingredients with cubed chicken breasts, and ate it over rice. It was so good too!
Pesto Pasta and Peas
mmmm...mmm Good
Ingredients
- 3/4 pound fusilli pasta
- 3/4 pound bow tie pasta
- 1/4 cup good olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups pesto
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and squeezed dry
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/4 cups good mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas, defrosted
- 1/3 cup pignoli (pine nuts)
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Directions
Cook the fusilli and bow ties separately in a large pot of boiling salted water for 10 to 12 minutes until each pasta is al dente. Drain and toss into a bowl with the olive oil. Cool to room temperature.
In the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade, puree the pesto, spinach, and lemon juice. Add the mayonnaise and puree. Add the pesto mixture to the cooled pasta and then add the Parmesan, peas, pignoli, salt, and pepper. Mix well, season to taste, and serve at room temperature

1 comment:
I am glad that you still like this recipe, eventhough Nate thinks it looks gross, it is so yummy.
Post a Comment