8.20.2008

Temple goals

So, I am serious about my goals, and really want to go to the temple again! I have stopped drinking coffee, and I am slowing getting rid of my immodest clothing! Thats a hard one! Since we grew up wearing whatever we wanted[Well, not really, but kind of] [except to church] It is hard to let those things go. I got rid of my short skirts,shorts, and low cut shirts. But tank tops I can't get rid of yet, and probably won't because I wear them to the gym! I am praying more than I was, and know without a doubt that God hears and answers my prayers! I am reading the kids BOM again. But mostly my actions are what I want to change right now! I think the other things will follow. I will not change who I am though, just become a better me!

7 comments:

Babbel Family said...

Hey! Saw your comment on my blog...you are more than welcome to steal the idea (since I stole it too). It is very simple, and yes I do vinyl! Let me know if you have any questions!
-Sarah

Holly said...

Melissa,
Good for you, I know that you will get where you are going and I really admire the mom, wife and person that you are.. Not many people in this world are as givng and well rounded as you.. I start crying when I think about how much you have done for our family.. Nothing is better than knowing for 100% your kids are in wonderful hands.

love Holly

TJ and Jessica said...

Just want to tell you that I love you! I think it's awesome that you're doing that, I'm excited for us to do baptisms for the dead. Love ya!

Brittney Daniel Liechty said...

You ROCK! I'm so proud of you! & I lover love you! The temple is an awesome and amazing goal that has wonderful blessings! P.s. Mike is going through next month!

Edwards. said...

I am so proud of you Mel! I think that once you set your mind on something you always achieve it, and what a great thing to set your mind to! I know you can do it!

Scottkids said...

Thank you Everyone!!! You guys are all so sweet! I love the support!

Brandi said...

I am so proud of your goal. The temple is amazing...but to know that your little kids are yours for time and eternity is amazing. When you enter those temple doors, the coffee and the tank tops...it will all disapear in your mind. You will have the most amazing experience it just won't matter anymore (at least for a few months);) That is just so exciting...stick to it!