11.19.2009

Appointment Two

17 wks. 5 Days

I can't believe I am almost 5 months! Time is going by pretty quickly!

Today I had my 2nd Doctors appointment, and it went great. Everything looked good! I measured 19 weeks, and didn't look at the scale, but the nurse said everything was good. I can still fit into all my jeans (except my 25-26), and I have never been able to wear them this long in anyone of my pregnancys so that is exciting for me!
I didn't get my Ultrasound today, but we scheduled it for when I am about 22 weeks. Right before Christmas. We are in no hurry, so I will wait that long to take a peek at our cute baby. She will also give me a more accurate due date, but we are already pushing it really close to when I am done teaching Preschool, so I hope my date doesn't change too much.

Every time I get a "For sure" feeling it is a girl, something throws me off, and then I have no idea. Today I think it is a boy. My doctor is really encouraging me to keep it a surprise, but I am getting tempted to find out, and I don't really want to, BUT I DO, but I don't! If there was ever a time not to find out the sex of the baby, it would be now. I just really, really, really, want to get the nursery ready! I have so many ideas going through my head, and can't wait to design the room. I am going to buy this though, and it is unisex.





Some know, but if it is a girl I am going to decorate the nursery in zebra and hot pink. Two things inspired me.

1.Amazing art work I saw at Z Gallery,
2. The Zebra scentsy warmer

If it is boy, I am still set on this bedding, and I will make my own canvases for the nursery.

Either way, I really want a canopy over the rocking chair, and kind of want to reupholster the fabric on the rocking chair but can't since I don't know what it will be!

I also want to make a paper baby mobile, so if any of you know how or have seen an editorial on how to, PRETTY PLEASE let me know!



The next 5 months of the pregnancy are my absolute favorite!

I almost forgot one more important thing. I bought one of these today! They are pretty much amazing! I thought they were lame before, but needed something to hide my buttons sticking out on all my pants. When she showed me how to wear it, it wasn't so lame anymore!

My Thursday Confessional is....

Seth and I never "Make -out" We kiss all the time, but we rarely make out anymore. Not even when we are "In the mood" We get right down to business. But I'm not really a foreplay kind of girl.

Do you married folk make out very often? I mean full on making out with tongue, and all the other "Nasty" stuff.

This leads me right down to something else. I really like taking polls. Take my poll to the right. (Not the body type one.)

13 comments:

Mallory Francks Photography said...

You look so gorgeous! I love it! I am so excited for you guys. : ) Your baby is going to be amazingly beautiful. I just wish you were finding out so I COULD FIND OUT! I want to start buying stuff for you since I am done with kids. : ) I get that urge to baby shop sometimes and what better person to do it for than my sweet great friend Melis?? Love you girl! Oh, and I think you will have a boy. And I love the room idea. : )

Sarah Atwood said...

You look great! I have nothing to compare it to, but I am also fitting into all my jeans still :) I just turned 18 weeks yesterday and we find out in a week and a half what we are having! I am not patient enough to wait until he/she gets here...especially since being pregnant in the first place was a HUGE surprise in and of itself

Nicki said...

Melissa I just love reading your blog. I love that you "keep it real" you say the things that everyone else wants to but does'nt dare. I am so happy for you, and your excitment about being pregnant is awesome, and reminds me just how great and amazing the female body is.

Angela said...

You look gorgeous Melissa! My vote is to find out the sex! I'm never one to hold out for the surprise, it's still a surprise when you find out via the ultrasound! Plus then it's so fun to buy stuff and get ready! So happy things are going well for you! And I'm SOOOO excited for Saturday!!!!!!!!

Mrs. JM said...

depends on MY mood :) .... he's always game for making out! i'm not as easy.

p.s. lovin' the belly.

Scottkids said...

You guys are so sweet! thank you so much! You can't get enough of those comments when you are pregnant and your body is changing!!!

Thanks Nicki, I try my best! Ha Ha
I'm so glad you like to visit my blog. Your random comments always make my day!! Glad to know you are reading still!

Ang,

I'm so excited too! It is going to be such a fun girl's day!

Hawaii Soccer Mom said...

1. You look gorgeous!!
2. Those belly bands are cute! I like the one with lace at the bottom.
3. Us girls need to start getting hot and heavy with our men! 100% said rarely EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Emily said...

Awww, cute! YOu finally look like you're pegnant!

Julie Catoe said...

I love making out with Kevin but of coarse it always leads to having sex but I think that is what makes it so amazing is the lead up. I could do foreplay for hours I wont go into to much more but Kev is amazing at foreplay some times I like just doing that. When I was scared of getting preg we went a month with just making out it was so fun it was like when we first started dating.
You look so beautiful. I am excited for you. I think it is cool that you are not finding out the sex, I know I just couldn't do it.

Scottkids said...

Julie, I remember you telling me that! It's awesome!

I don't really like to make-out. And if I'm being completely honest, it kind of grosses me out sometimes. To think about a tongue all over in your mouth! But hey, there are plenty of other things that go in my mouth that I love so...thats weird in itself! I just don't like tongues in my mouth that much!

I agree Sandra! I guess we better start getting hot and heavy. I know that when we do make out, it is surprising so I kind of like that!

AnDeRsEn cLaN said...

You have such a cute belly. I can't believe you are already 5 months. WOW!!! I think the next time we have a baby I am gonna try one of those shirts. They look supper cool!

Jane said...

I miss being a big prego lady sometimes lol. I never had the belly button issue, but I like the lacey one. Making out has become a recent development. Usually leads to other things, but hey, it's still fun! And I used to go on Cafemom and take their polls all the time!

Seth said...

I have an idea... Since you are having such a hard time worrying about us having a boy or a girl, why don't we just buy everything for a girl and everything for a boy, then you won't have to worry about getting ready for either one. Then maybe we'll have twin boy and girl and just need everything anyways.