11.17.2009

Body Types


I have asked many of my friends what their ideal body type is! There are so many different body types, and MOST are beautiful as long as they are striving for a healthly lifestyle. I could look at a girl that is a size 12, and find her just as if not more attractive than a girl who is a size 4.

I personally don't find a girl that looks like a stick figure that attractive , and find curves to be incredibly sexy! BUT not too curvy! I mean for my own body at least, I think a muscular body is attractive, but I think a girl can be too muscular. Which is sometimes my problem.

My ideal of a perfect body is toned, small waist, nice butt, nice legs, hips, but not too big. Legs are what I look at a lot since I am extremely picky about mine. I don't like skinny legs, but skinny legs look really good if they are toned! I always want my legs to be just a little bit smaller, but not lose their shape. Ah, the life of a girl!

So what I am getting at here is that girls impress girls, and not really guys.

MOST guys want a women to have curves rather than to be stick figures. But Hollywood tells us we are not pretty unless we are really skinny! Leaving unrealistic expectations for most girls. Especially young ones. I think about what I want for Mykelle, and I want her to love herself no matter what she has to work with, and I want her to be healthy, and stay active. I hear so many young girls talking about how fat they are at 14 years old, and I can tell you I NEVER worried about my weight until I was 20 and pregnant with Mykelle. I know I was always in sports, but still!! What is this world coming too!?


So I am asking all of you that read my blog annoynmously or not, what is your ideal body type? What do you love about your body, and what would you change? You can comment annymously or not, but I am doing a survey to prove a point to somebody, and would appreciate all your participation!

Thanks!

9 comments:

Sarah Atwood said...

In my opinion the athletic body is most attractive, although I think that a super muscular women is not attractive. Toned arms and toned abs really are sexy...my arms never seem to get small and toned exactly the way I want them, I swear they bulk even though girls arms aren't supposed to do that...but I may be crazy :) I also love that after I have been running for awhile my legs get the definition between my quads and hamstrings. Oh...and we can't forget a nicely shaped booty :) I am looking forward to getting my ideal body back after this baby comes out! :)

The Brindley's said...

Athletc for sure!! I love when I have a toned body and I honestly look at girls and find myself saying "wow look at those arms or legs"...but you will rarely find me saying "wow look at the skinny chick with no muscle".

Julie Catoe said...

Athletic would be mine, because I love strong women and love feeling strong.
I know how you feel about Mykelle. I feel the same way about my girls. I know the way I feel about my body is so IMPORTANT to how my girls are going to feel about their bodies. After I had Lucy my youngest I ran so much that I was about 5 to 8lbs lighter than I am now, which doesn't seem like much but I am short so it does on me. I am realizing that I like my body better now. I lost my butt and I like a booty too. I love women no matter what shape they are just as long as they are comfortable with their shape. I agree that society has destroyed the idea of womens bodies. It is unfair and frustrating that women fall for it. I am healthy and strong but in societies standards I should be thinner. It is Bullshit! You are beautiful, healthy and confident so I know Mykelle will have great self esteem because of your example.

Mrs. JM said...

first ... i love the post above and how it gives positive feedback about every body type. i have no idea what body type i am ... when i put my measurements in for the ideal jeans at instyle.com, it says i'm "hourglass" but i disagree. either way, i agree and think the ideal body is a healthy one that you're comfortable in. i'm finally there!

p.s. i would have jake vote but he wouldn't because "emily's" isn't an option. ha!

Anonymous said...

I guess I would be considered "pencil" Or "stick figure" which sucks but I cant gain weight no matter what I do. :( But ideally, I think curves are perfect...I guess my vote would be the hourglass.

Scottkids said...

Anon,

I love that you commented, but am dying to know who you are! It's fun! It's like a mystery I will never figure out! I meant no offense when I said "stick figure" I just think a lot of girls want to be that skinny because of Hollywood's standards!

You are not alone with your struggle! I hope you keep reading!

Have a great day!

Scottkids said...

Mrs. JM,

That is no fun if Jake votes "Emily's" body! Seth did the same thing, and I told him that was lame! He needed to classify it! He classified me athletic hourglass, and I'll take it!

That is really cute of both of them though!

Hawaii Soccer Mom said...

I like hourglass, like JLO or Beyonce or Kim Kardashian. Or even Salma Hayek. To me, their body shapes are the most desirable. Definitely toned and fit, with curves galore!!! I love this post too!!! Melissa, you know how I feel about your body - you have the rare comic book body that is perfect! Seriously, you could play any comic book hottie. And I love your legs!

Anonymous said...

There are so many body types and the athletic body type is fantastic yes, but the most important is your inner self (body type), health is very important, so I can understand why a teaching principal can be so very important. Hollywood dose leave us to feel and think differently about body image. Please remember MOST importantly LOVE GOD and yourself of course, but most importantly LOVE EVERYONE no matter what body type.