I'm especially curious to hear your take on this as you LOVE and enjoy great food.
I personally agree, and disagree. Obviously Kate Moss is a model who enjoys being a stick figure, but she is still cute, and could be much worse.
Being skinny, whatever type of skinny you like, is a great feeling! I agree with that part, but I also want to eat whatever I want, and she thinks it's not worth it. Maybe she is like Seth though, and doesn't enjoy food. Maybe she justs eats to feed her body and that is it.
I wish I didn't enjoy food, but I sure do. I totally think that Symphony candy bar I ate yesterday was way worth it. I do try to limit it though because if I ate a Symphony bar every day it would not taste that great, but when I only eat one once a month or so, it is delectable.
My husband and I make great dieting/exercising partners because I LOVE to exercise and hate dieting and he hates to exercise and does not mind dieting. So I drag his butt out of bed at 5 AM to do P90X and he stops me from eating a whole cake by myself. LOL
you could never know how funny this is to me. i used to have this quote hanging in my pantry along with "before" pictures of myself. this was in 2006. then i got pregnant and gained a lot of weight. now, the before pictures are still there but the quote is gone. i've tried to really think about the words but i can't wrap my head around how one could compare the taste of something to a physical feeling. i'm no kate moss but i've lost 41 pounds over the last 18 months and i finally see a "skinny" person when i look in the mirror. i guess what i'm saying is i feel "skinny" but this doesn't change the way anything tastes to me. my conclusion is she made a poor choice of words. i get it. i get that the momentary bliss achieved by eating a brownie is not as good as the long term bliss of feeling healthy but for me, there's definitely room for balance. then again, i don't get paid for being thin. this might change my opinion quite a bit.
I have to agree with Candice maybe if she was a healthy person I would really care about what she has to say. It makes me sad that she is someone my girls will look at and want to look like. She is a beautiful girl but it comes with drugs and an eating disorder and none of those are beautiful qualities. Our society glorifies beautiful people whether they are healthy, strong or most of all have morals. I would love to see a women who works hard to have a great figure or a women who cares about they body by what they put into it say something powerful to women that makes they want to be better instead of creating an eating disorder and drug abuse. Seriously, that quote to me is disturbing. I have struggled for many years to be the "skinny girl" and to feel that way but I was never healthy when I did those things. Now that I am healthy I feel good about the way I look. Every women deserves to feel beautiful whether they are stick skinny or curve or full figured. I know what weight I feel good about myself and it is not at my skinniest I wish every women could feel that way. And the most important is I love to eat.
Emily, I'm so happy for you! You are thinking much deeper than I on the quote, but I understand what you are saying. Once again, proud of you!
I didn't know she was a crack head, but for someone who wasn't a crack head, I still think I like this quote. I just like to eat more.
Really though, if I was over weight I think the simplicity of this quote would work for me to not over eat. I kind of like it.
Julie,
I agree with you as well. If doing drugs, and having an eating disorder is the only way you can be skinny, than that is so disturbing, and not worth it. But you know people like that aren't really "Happy" anyway. They have worse self esteem and body images then somebody that is healthy, and that isn't worth it.
I used to sometimes want to change things about my body( mostly how muscular I am), and there are always things I could do with out, but I agree it feels so good to love what you have, and to know that you have a healthy body.
I do think it is great that your friend Emily is getting healthier and if this quote helped I am happy for her. It is hard to lose weight and workout so anyone that does it I think is awesome. I get opinonated about this type of stuff so bare with me. Now that I have 2 girls I get really emotional what I see women having to live up to. And as a women it makes me feel drained. I think being healthy should be the main focus for women not being skinny.
I totally understand what you are saying. I don't think that will ever change too much though.
With me presonally, I know I will always want to be "Skinny" Whether what that skinny is, I think it will change my whole life. Right now, I like being a size 3-5. In two years, being a 8 might be perfect. I think it just depends on what your comfortable with, and I know I can't be that size forever!
I always want to be healthy, but I also want to feel incredible naked.
All I know is that the word "Fat" is never used in my house for describing people, and healthy and unhealthy is how Seth and I talk to our kids about it.
Haha, I agree with what Candice said. I love food, but I also like to be skinny. I switch back and forth on which one I like better. She actually doesn't look disgustingly skinny in this pic though like she has in the past.
13 comments:
Sandra,
I'm especially curious to hear your take on this as you LOVE and enjoy great food.
I personally agree, and disagree. Obviously Kate Moss is a model who enjoys being a stick figure, but she is still cute, and could be much worse.
Being skinny, whatever type of skinny you like, is a great feeling! I agree with that part, but I also want to eat whatever I want, and she thinks it's not worth it. Maybe she is like Seth though, and doesn't enjoy food. Maybe she justs eats to feed her body and that is it.
I wish I didn't enjoy food, but I sure do. I totally think that Symphony candy bar I ate yesterday was way worth it. I do try to limit it though because if I ate a Symphony bar every day it would not taste that great, but when I only eat one once a month or so, it is delectable.
My husband and I make great dieting/exercising partners because I LOVE to exercise and hate dieting and he hates to exercise and does not mind dieting. So I drag his butt out of bed at 5 AM to do P90X and he stops me from eating a whole cake by myself. LOL
Kate Moss is on crack, lots of it. So I would appreciate this quote if anyone with an actual appetite for food said it.
you could never know how funny this is to me. i used to have this quote hanging in my pantry along with "before" pictures of myself. this was in 2006. then i got pregnant and gained a lot of weight. now, the before pictures are still there but the quote is gone. i've tried to really think about the words but i can't wrap my head around how one could compare the taste of something to a physical feeling. i'm no kate moss but i've lost 41 pounds over the last 18 months and i finally see a "skinny" person when i look in the mirror. i guess what i'm saying is i feel "skinny" but this doesn't change the way anything tastes to me. my conclusion is she made a poor choice of words. i get it. i get that the momentary bliss achieved by eating a brownie is not as good as the long term bliss of feeling healthy but for me, there's definitely room for balance. then again, i don't get paid for being thin. this might change my opinion quite a bit.
I think if anyone can say that, it's Kate Moss!
I have to agree with Candice maybe if she was a healthy person I would really care about what she has to say. It makes me sad that she is someone my girls will look at and want to look like. She is a beautiful girl but it comes with drugs and an eating disorder and none of those are beautiful qualities. Our society glorifies beautiful people whether they are healthy, strong or most of all have morals. I would love to see a women who works hard to have a great figure or a women who cares about they body by what they put into it say something powerful to women that makes they want to be better instead of creating an eating disorder and drug abuse. Seriously, that quote to me is disturbing. I have struggled for many years to be the "skinny girl" and to feel that way but I was never healthy when I did those things. Now that I am healthy I feel good about the way I look. Every women deserves to feel beautiful whether they are stick skinny or curve or full figured. I know what weight I feel good about myself and it is not at my skinniest I wish every women could feel that way. And the most important is I love to eat.
Kev wants me to say Crack is Whack!
Emily, I'm so happy for you! You are thinking much deeper than I on the quote, but I understand what you are saying. Once again, proud of you!
I didn't know she was a crack head, but for someone who wasn't a crack head, I still think I like this quote. I just like to eat more.
Really though, if I was over weight I think the simplicity of this quote would work for me to not over eat. I kind of like it.
Julie,
I agree with you as well. If doing drugs, and having an eating disorder is the only way you can be skinny, than that is so disturbing, and not worth it. But you know people like that aren't really "Happy" anyway. They have worse self esteem and body images then somebody that is healthy, and that isn't worth it.
I used to sometimes want to change things about my body( mostly how muscular I am), and there are always things I could do with out, but I agree it feels so good to love what you have, and to know that you have a healthy body.
And Yes, Crack is Whack!
Hmmm...I think that quote probably came from her publicist. ;o) But I have to say that I miss being skinny way more than I miss any kind of food.
I do think it is great that your friend Emily is getting healthier and if this quote helped I am happy for her. It is hard to lose weight and workout so anyone that does it I think is awesome. I get opinonated about this type of stuff so bare with me. Now that I have 2 girls I get really emotional what I see women having to live up to. And as a women it makes me feel drained. I think being healthy should be the main focus for women not being skinny.
I totally understand what you are saying. I don't think that will ever change too much though.
With me presonally, I know I will always want to be "Skinny" Whether what that skinny is, I think it will change my whole life. Right now, I like being a size 3-5. In two years, being a 8 might be perfect. I think it just depends on what your comfortable with, and I know I can't be that size forever!
I always want to be healthy, but I also want to feel incredible naked.
All I know is that the word "Fat" is never used in my house for describing people, and healthy and unhealthy is how Seth and I talk to our kids about it.
It reminds me of my best friend Vanessa, so I love it.
Haha, I agree with what Candice said. I love food, but I also like to be skinny. I switch back and forth on which one I like better. She actually doesn't look disgustingly skinny in this pic though like she has in the past.
Post a Comment