Seth took two weeks off of work. I love him. I love being with him. I love not arguing about him being late. (Which by the way, he totally made up for last time. Who says gifts don't make up for things? Ha. Well, they don't, but I love my new blackberry.) It just shows the stress that jobs bring into families. We didn't argue once. I'm proud of that if you haven't noticed.
So, what have we been up to?
BEFORE:
(This is before we painted, Seth had just put up the chair rail.)
AFTER:
Trey's favorite color is pink, so he REALLY wants the pink room. He keeps saying it is for his baby though. I love that pink is his favorite color. The bedrooms look so cute though, and made a huge change in that level of the house. We just need to add new carpet, and finally finish our bedroom and bathroom. (Which I am so excited about! )
We had about 5 days of really long nights. I'm talking 3 and 4 in the morning. Prep work sucks, and painting trim sucks. Once we started painting we finished it in about half a day. Well, actually, we were up until 4 this morning, but IT'S FINISHED!
Seth made our chair rail a little thicker, because I like that look better, and he routed a design on the top and by the windows.I really wanted bead board, but it is so expensive. I am so thankful for a husband that knows how to do anything and everything, and for a husband that GETS THE JOB DONE!
MY THURSDAY CONFESSIONAL IS THIS:
i have recently become addicted to interior design.
Well, I have always loved it, but don't want to waste money on expensive things that I love. But recently, blame it on HGTV, I have become OBSESSED. I mean, staying up all night surfing the Internet, looking at interior design blogs, looking over tons and tons of images of baby nurseries, kids bedrooms, and bedrooms in general. I have been looking over tons of images of DIY projects, and my brain won't quit working to rest. I stayed up past 5am this morning, because it is so addicting. I have so many ideas, and it is making me CRAZY.
This year, maybe some of last year, my style has changed. With clothing, furniture, and decor. I love contemporary, and modern styles for the home, and can't decide what my exact style is. So, it is modern contemporary. I just add whatever to my home that I love, but my dream home is that style. SOME DAY.
The good news about this newest addiction is that I have about 20 new blogs that I love and will share with all of you when I have the time. This has already been a longer post then intended.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!WELCOME TWENTY TEN!
and I have a lot to cover on this subject as well.
P.S. I'll be here on Saturday morning, Getting Endowed.

10 comments:
so busy, your rooms look so good. It makes me jealous for my own house, but excited for you and your new bunk Beds. I hope you had a great Christmas, I thought of you a lot this vacation, and I will tell you more about it when I get home, stories, stories.
Steph
This is wonderful. My husband has been off for two weeks,(gotta love govement employees) and ways he too has been working on out basement. I think we have some great husbands. Also that is wonderful about your endowments. I wish I could be there for support but you wil be in my prayers.
I love that Trey's favorite color is pink :) Tell him that's my favorite color too! The rooms look great. We'll have to hire Seth when we get pregnant to spruce up the babies room! Love you! I'm so proud of you and can't wait for your special day!!
ok miss interior design, come help me put up my pictures, i am HORRIBLE with fashion and anything of the sorts!!! Come pratice on my house anytime..
p.s LOVE the bedroom pics
The rooms look amazing. I can't wait to see them and the bunk beds. Trey is the cutest. I hope today is everything you have wanted and I hope it full fills everything you have desired. I will be thinking about you.
THANKS SO MUCH!!!
Your kids' rooms look so cute! We recently did a similar project in Megan's room and I think it turned out so cute. I want to do Andrew's room next. The "theme" in his room is airplanes so I'm thinking maybe sky blue and I want to do the backerboard too, in white. His room is pretty small so it won't be as expensive.
The paint job looks awesome!
Love those colors!!!! Paint makes such a huge difference, and the chair rail looks great! You are so lucky that Seth knows how to do all that stuff. Man, the next time I go to your house, I'm not going to recognize anything!!!
Post a Comment