2.24.2010

The Beautiful Bump

This Beautiful belly of mine, is getting rather large. My belly button sticks out so bad, and my kids and Seth are obsessed with poking it. (I find it really annoying, it is so sensitive) Today I feel like I am so huge. I feel like I can't believe I still have 8 weeks ( 7 really) left. I don't know how I am going to make it. This last stretch is so hard for me.

I can't walk, bend over, or really do anything by the end of the day. My back kills by dinner time, and sometimes even earlier than that. For those of you that know me, it is hard for me to take it easy when I feel like stuff needs to get done. (Always.)

Since getting my Blood test back, and finding out I had really, really, low iron, I was really sick, and had no energy. I started taking iron supplements, and was even more sick. I stopped taking them everyday, and cut them in half and started taking them at night. That has helped a lot. I still don't feel 100%, but I feel mostly better. I haven't worked out in 3 months, and feel like if I could get on a schedule again, I would have more energy. But I can't. No motivation right now.

I also have Spring Cleaning Fever, and clean like a mad woman on my days off. My Spring Cleaning list is ridiculous, but I feel like I need everything done before the baby gets here. Damn nesting!

Tomorrow, I will be washing all the blinds in our house (sigh... hate this job) and shampooing the couches. And whatever else I can get scratched off on the list.

Did I mention that I am having contractions like crazy? Now you know why. Trust me, I'll take it easy though. I don't want to have this baby too early.

Oddly enough though, I still love carrying a child. I think it is still so incredible.

Waiting to fall asleep last night, I was watching a Baby Story, and there was a woman on there that said women don't give themselves enough credit for what there bodies can do. I laughed.

More because I thought she was lame. (No offense for anyone that goes natural. I think it is great for you.) I just thought, I know my body can do it, and I know I can get through the pain, BUT I DON'T WANT TO. That is why they made epidurals. I personally don't feel it affects my baby, or my experience, so I am happy getting the drug.

Before I got pregnant, I really wanted to have a water birth. (Despite Seth saying he wouldn't go to the hospital with me, because he thought it was gross) I wanted my friend Emily to be my doula, and I really considered it. I thought you know what, I just want to try it, and prove to myself how strong I am.

Now I think...Screw that. I'd like to relax.

And those are my thoughts for today.

(My apt. isn't until Friday, but here are some belly shots, and a little update! )

28 weeks

29 weeks

30 weeks
31 weeks

Honestly, my belly is getting GINORMOUS! ( I liked it yesterday, but today I can't breath)


How far along? 31 weeks 5 days

Total weight gain/loss: Gained 17 pounds I believe, but whos counting? Ha! (I swear I gained 10 pounds this week)

Maternity clothes? Yep since about 27 weeks ALL maternity clothes started fitting pretty good minus a few pairs of pants. They are all so baggy and awkward.

Stretch marks? Yes. Mykelle gave me all of them. (On my hips and legs) Trey gave me one on my lower stomach, and this baby hasn't given me anything but spider veins all over my right leg.They are so worth it though!

Sleep: Not very good unless I take Tylenol PM. I can't get comfortable, and my back hurts most of the night.

Best moment this week: It will be hearing the baby's heartbeat on Friday. So far, feeling the baby move.

Movement: This baby moves around all night long, and sleeps during the day!

Food cravings: Chocolate milk

Gender: Today, I think its a boy.

Labor Signs: None yet. Although I have Braxton Hicks all the time.

Belly Button in or out? Holy Outy!

Can you still wear your wedding ring: Yes, its still loose.

What I miss: Sleeping on my stomach

What I am looking forward to: Meeting this baby!

Worst thing about pregnancy: Back Pain

Best thing about pregnancy: The ability to grow a baby in your body, give birth to, and nourish it. I also think feeling the baby inside you is pretty incredible.

11 comments:

Jane said...

Melissa, you are one of the most gorgeous pregnant women, period. Take it easy girl! Are you resting plenty in between housework? Take some longer breaks and have a big glass of milk, it'll do ya good! If you need any help at all, don't hesitate to ask! Love the updates!

Mindy Hawks said...

I thought of about 50 comments to say while reading that because I am thinking all the exact same things as you right now! lol. I completely agree about the epidural/going natural thing. All I know is I experienced labor pre and post epidural last time and I think you would have to be crazy not to get one! Also, my baby is the exact same way in that she moves like crazy as I'm falling asleep and it seems like all night long then sleeps most of the day!
Oh and you have the cutest belly! I especially love bare skin belly pics...they are my favorite! :)

The Brindley's said...

Your baby bump is the cutest. God waited to put me on this earth at this time becaue he knew I needed drugs, epidurals ar good!

Edwards. said...

Love this post! It's so cute! You look so good and you do not look GINORMOUS! :) I am right on the same track as you as I can't believe that I still have 9wks left and how am I going to get any bigger. I don't believe I'm huge but she is up in my ribs already, kicking and knocking them like mad. My skin feels like it is on the very end of stretch....but like you have said and others, it's amazing what womens bodies can do. I have a lot of movement right before I go to bed and when I wake up inthe morning. She moves like crazy during the day as well, but at night sleeps...or at least I'm hoping she is sleeping and when she comes out she'll be the same way. I think I need to get some more motivation for spring cleaning. I am not a fan of washing blinds either...don't think I have ever done it in the house and i've been here 3 yrs...I have vaccumed them though and I hate that as well. :)

Mrs. JM said...

you have a beautiful baby belly. lucky girl.

hang in there. those last weeks are seriously so hard. you have a great attitude about it, you know the reward is worth it!

oh gosh. just thinking about trying to clean the tub or the toilet or pulling the laundry out of the dryer with a big belly makes me want to come help you! i would if i didn't think adding four more kids to the mix was a bad idea!

slow down. ask for help. crazy lady.

Samantha and Brandon Scott said...

You are so cute, you don't even look huge. i can't wait to hear the freaking name you guys have picked. A water delivery would be so awesome. But you couldn't do it. ha now you want to prove it. Your adorable hang in there

Emily said...

You are seriously a clean freak! And like I said last week, you look small to me. I'm sad I don't get to be your doula anymore lol.

Scottkids said...

Thanks guys you are so sweet!!

Emily, I know. I know. Im not as bad as I used to be though! I don't think! Ha Ha

Sarah Atwood said...

you are just GORGEOUS! for SURE one of the hottest pregos that i have ever seen. :) i always love reading your blog!

Wells Family said...

I just love reading about your baby experiences and reading all the fun stuff you have to say. I was telling my husband last night I want to be just like you, your my inspiration. Your so happy, and beautiful and love life. I even told him how sexy you were after 2 kids..I hope I can be like you!! I can't wait to meet baby!!

Scottkids said...

What! You are sexy!

That is so sweet of you really though, and I laughed when you said I was always so happy, because I felt like all I did was complain on this post! You are such a great person yourself!!! Love ya!

Thanks Sarah!!!!! I think I needed compliments this week, I didn't feel that "attractive" at all! You look FANTASTIC!!! Pregnancy and you go so well together!