Okay, so I am going to plan, prepare, and cook a few weeks worth of meals before the baby comes, but I need some help.
What are the best foods to freeze, and what do you use to freeze them in?
Do you have recipes?
Is it worth it?
Seth and I are going to spend a Saturday cooking, and preparing meals together. I'm excited! Hopefully this will be a time saver when the new baby gets here. I actually like to cook though, so I don't plan on doing this every month, but I think it will be nice to do a few meals every month, for when I don't feel like cooking one night!
Please share your tips!! (or websites)

7 comments:
I am not the person for this. But my friend Lindsay does it once a month with a bunch of girls and she said it saves lots of money and time. Sounds like a great idea I just know I would never do it. I think you would be perfect for it you are so organized and a great planner.Good luck.
You can try 5dollardinners.com. I've read her blog a lot and she posts good cheap dinners. Recently she had a baby so she posted a bunch of stuff a while back about freezer meals. I would check there. I personally haven't done any freezer meals, good luck!
my girlfriend does meal planning and just did a bunch of freezer meals for some of our friends who had babies, and some people in her ward. I think she got some good recipes...I'll ask and let you know. I think I will be doing more freezer meals just because there are many days I don't feel like cooking. The good thing is, it's just usually the girls and I so it's not like I'm cooking for Cody so they are happy with easy things like cereal! :) yes yes I have to admit some time we eat cereal for dinner.....and so when this little one comes I will plan on having some meals frozen for the days cody is home, and for when it's just the girls and I.. I'll keep you posted on anything I find out.
Thanks guys!
So cute that Seth is going to help you cook!
Ooh I love this idea! I have no clue of things to make but I would love for someone to give me some ideas! lol
Lasagna, soups, and stuff like that are awesome to freeze. If you want to do a freezer exchange let me know. Just set up about 8-10 people to make the same meal, then you just exchange and you get that many new things!
Post a Comment