So, one night Seth and I were feeling a little frisky, so we decided to.......
Just Kidding.
Really though, this is the story.
I was waiting for our Insurance to change so that my IUD would be covered and we didn't have to pay anything out of pocket.
I hate taking BC pills and I always forget, and blah, blah, blah. So yeah, there you have it. We weren't using any form of BC.
I hadn't had my period yet, and knew I should start at any time because my last period was a while before Thanksgiving. Me and my little sister are on the same cycle, so I asked her, and she said anytime probably. So I knew it was going to come any time. A few days passed, and half kidding I told my SIL that I was probably pregnant. I really didn't think I was. Remember my Confession here? I'm always paranoid about getting pregnant.
So after the weekend passed with no period, I thought, welp, I better make my trip to the dollar store and buy a few pregnancy tests.
I ran a few errands, and before I picked up the kids to School and headed to the gym, I decided to put my mind at ease and just take one so I would know I wasn't.
I POAS and saw that it was one line after a few minutes. Washed my hands, and was about to throw the test away after a 2nd glance, but I thought I saw something. I did. A SECOND LINE.
"What the?" is what I think I said out loud, but I was totally smiling.
I looked at myself in the mirror (still smiling) and said "Shut up!"
I had to come back to reality though, because it was time to pick up kids from school. I threw the test box away and hid it under some toilet paper. Then I hid the test in my drawer. There was no way I was going to tell Seth yet. He was going to freak.
I went to the gym, and was in a great mood. Was I really pregnant? There was no way.
On the way home from the gym, I was in a panic. I was pregnant! Although it was rather exciting, I didn't want to stress out my husband! We were still paying off Swayzee's birth. It costs us so much to have a baby because we are self employed.
I decided to call my BF Jessica and tell her first. I told her I had to tell her something, and to Guess. She guessed it on her first try. she was ecstatic which made me excited, but I was scared to tell Seth. I told her I wasn't going to tell him for awhile, but that I knew I should.
I had to let her go so I could take another test. Sure enough, it was positive. I took another one as soon as I could pee again. It was positive too.
Baby #4.
Holy Crap.
Seth called me about something, and when he was talking to me, he asked" What?"
"What do you mean, What?" I answered.
"You're acting funny" he said.
"Ohhhh, I'll tell you later!" I responded laughing.
When he came home, I had to tell him. I waited until the kids were in bed, and just showed him the test.
He started laughing and he said he knew it.
(Phew. Wipe sweat from forehead.)
He then made this face.
Jokingly.
I told him I told Jessica first, but he didn't care at all.
For the next few days while we waited to tell our family, this is the face he would make behind their backs. It was really funny.
Anyways, about an hour after I told him, he went from "This is fine", to "This is was your fault because you weren't on BC!" I then informed him of how I got pregnant in the first place, and he shut up. Lol.
We have both been happy about it since.
Seth really wants a boy. He says this is for sure our last baby. I think a boy would be great too, but a girl would be so fun since they will be so close. So, either way. We are golden!
And, since we are on the subject of Sex (he, he) Lets talk.
The Poll Results were as follows:
41% said 1-2 times a month
41% said 1-2 times a week
29% said 3-4 times a week
16% said 4 -5 times a week
12% said other
(1 Corinthians ) "Nevertheless, because of sexual immorality, let each man have his own wife, and let each woman have her own husband. 3Let the husband render to his wife the affection due her, and likewise also the wife to her husband. 4The wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does. And likewise the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does. 5Do not deprive one another except with consent for a time, that you may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again so that Satan does not tempt you because of your lack of self-control."
The feminist in me wants to say I'll do whatever I want with my body!
This one cracks me up!! This cannot be real!
from age --- to 30 = 6 time a day
from age 30 to 35 =2time a day
from age 35 to 40= 1 time a day
from age 40 to 45= 3 time a week
from age 45 to 50= 2 time a week
from age 50 to 60= 1 a week
from age 60 to 70= 3 a month
from age 70 to 80= 3 a year
from age 80 to 90 = 1 a year
Reason why a marriage may become sexless
1. After a child is born into a family there is a period of about three months when the adjustment may take place, after that time if couples do not resume back to having sexual intimacy, it may develop into a sexless marriage.
2. Health related issues, hormones for women, pregnancy, perimenopause, menopause, and other health related issues. For a man he could have prostate problem, erectile dysfunction, depression, anxiety, and obsessive compulsive disorder.
3. Unresolved anger from a spouse, the woman is angry with her husband and does not feel sexual towards him and turns him away, and eventfully he gives up trying to be intimate with her.
4. Loss of interest in spouse due to excess weight gain, controlling spouse, nagging, winning, anger issues, loss of sexual desire and continual yelling.
5. A woman no longer see's her husband as being masculine, and loses her sexual desire for him, she wants him to not be intimated by her and to initate the sex in the marriage and desire her and date her again.
6. A man feels as though his wife is to controlling, she puts him down, does not appreciate him and has pushed him a way one too many times and now he is thinking about having an affair.
7. The married couple has become roommates, barely communicating with one another, living a life of being with each other for the sake of the children, loss of desire and passion for one another.
These are the top 7 reasons why a couple will fall into a sexless marriage, there are other reasons but these are the most common.
You gotta love Cosmo
What would you change about your sex life?
34% said I'd like to have sex more often
22% said I'd like sex to be more adventurous
20% replied with nothing
20% said I'd like to have more orgasms
3% said I'd like my partner to be less selfish
1% said I'd like to have sex less often
I found this interesting. I came across a whole page about Muslims. I read a lot about it because it was intriguing to me.
The Prohibition of Sex When She is Menstruating
It is forbidden for a Muslim man to have sexual intercourse with his wife when she is menstruating. The Quran is clear on this subject:
"They ask you concerning menstruation. Say: that is an Adha (a harmful thing for a husband to have a sexual intercourse with his wife while she is having her menses), therefore keep away from women during menses and go not unto them till they have purified (from menses and have taken a bath). And when they have purified themselves, then go in unto them as Allah has ordained for you (go in unto them in
any manner as long as it is in their vagina)…" (Al-Baqarah 2:222)


12 comments:
Congrats congrats!!! I love hearing about how other people found out. I think I would be scared to death, but oh so happy at the same time. You are such a wonderful mother (I know through your blog) and this baby is going to be lucky to have you.
About the whole sex thing, very interesting details. I am going to remind my husband daily that his body belongs to me ;0)
i am so glad you didn't give us the birds and the bees speech. good to know you weren't on bc because i always wonder how surprises happen. well, actually i did get pregnant using an iud but, that's another story.
can i say "you'll have your hands full?" lol. AGHHH!!! heehee.
you and your sex polls and sex articles. lol. (i only voted once, promise!).
em
p.s. i LOVE the pic of swayzee in the little red dress. she looks so big!
I just have to say....$1 store prego tests rock! I went through a few of them when we tryed to get pregnant too....saves lots of money!
Congrats again! I hope you guys have a little boy for Trey to play with.
Your Christmas photos are great! Time for belly pics again eh?!?
Im so very happy for you all. And if Im being truly honest, slightly jealous (not in a bad way, just kinda wish I could get my hubs on the peppermint bandwagon ;) ).
I enjoyed reading all your little facts about sex and that was an interesting little tidbit about the Muslim faith.
Much love and many blessings to you guys!
Haylee
I never knew if $ Store tests really would work! Man, I have spent a lot of money on tests in the past 6 years. LOL
I am excited for you, although I would have peed in my pants after the first test and not had any left to do another! hahaa
I took 3 tests total with this baby. I wish they would have been dollar store ones!
You are such a great mom. This baby is so lucky to be coming into your adorable fam.
Love the story! You make me laugh so hard!
Oh my heck Mallory! Your pee your pants comment was hilarious! I'm so glad everyone is happy for us! I heard a lot of negativity within the last couple months, but they haven't changed our mind at all.
I found myself daydreaming this morning figuring out our bedroom situations. We are probably going to remodel the basement into two bedrooms, OR we may just make the preschool our playroom. Which I would love. It will all depend on the sex of the baby once again.
AND YES, we are finding out, and we won't keep it top secret this time.
Sav,
Belly pics for sure! Maybe even crazier this time because it's probably the last. :( I document everything!!
Thansk again for all the sweet comments!
Haylee,
I hope you get to have another one soon.
Love you all!
P.S. We have plenty of sex!! As you may know... (Hence the baby madness around here!)Lol. We ladies are always finding ourselves in conversations about sex, and how many times had been a popular subjesct! So trust me, this will not be my last sex poll!
I love Seth's scared face! haha! That's funny that you took so many tests too! And I like how you said "Shut up!" lol I am so excited for you guys too. When Jess came over she walked in and said, "Guess who's pregnant?" And I just thought of you! But in a good way!! I'm hoping for a boy for you because then you'd have two boys and two girls which is what I want too! I'm so happy for you guys. You have some of the cutest babies around! Very interesting sex facts too. (I only voted once in the poll)
K so I'm confused...the list that says from "age ---to 30," does that means couples in that age group on average have sex 6 times a day???
I LOVE that I was the first to find out!!! And I'm SO excited for you guys!!! Now we just need to move back so our kiddos can play all the time :) I like the remodel idea, Kel and Trey are going to love their new rooms. I liked the sex info. Let me tell you, being limited for medical reasons is not fun! But it's all good now :)
Love you!!
Congrats! I know how it feels when you still have a baby and then find out your pregnant. It's a little overwhelming but also exciting too. Colby was about the same age as Swayzee is when I found out I was pregnant with Saige. :) Your story made me laugh. Hope your pregnancy goes good.
Congratulations! That's so exciting...and a good story too. Are you sure about preschool?! I mean, you'll have a 15 mo & a newborn so adding preschool will be a cinch! ;o) So happy for you!
I love the story of you finding out and telling Seth.
Those are some interesting facts you got there.Some of them make sense.
The Muslim culture is very different than what we are use to in the U.S. It is actually the oldest religion.
Post a Comment