She is sitting up so good this month, and she is also getting ready to crawl. She is trying so hard.
She loves food too!
Pumpkin Pancakes
Pumpkin PancakesKiss -Glue on- nails
Aquaphor
Italian Stew w/chicken
"Modern Family" Comedy Wednesdays
Body Cream
L'oreal Voluminous Mascara
Dulce and Gabana Light Blue Perfume (Still my fave although my bottle shattered earlier this year!)
Peppermint Ice Cream
Soup
Scarves
Changing leaves
Halloween Decor
Candice's new Halloween Costumes every year
Maybelline Purestay Powder {in Tan}
Hooded outfits for Swayz
The new Primary Presidency I now work with
Home made Holiday Banners
My children's eyes
My friend Julie and her girls who I miss TERRIBLY right now
Tootsie Rolls
My Peppermint White Chocolate Hot Chocolate
GLEE
I LOVE the fact that I am getting out of my funk. I have been in a funk for a little while, and it feels good to be free from it. I can't label exactly what this 'funk' was. It was one of those things where I wasn't unhappy with my life, but I wasn't my happy self either. I had to live in the moment for awhile, and really figure out what my life needed, or if it needed anything at all.
My funk hit me a little while ago, and was really on and off. I just had a really negative attitude toward some people. I was so sick of giving to people, and not getting anything in return. At least, that is how I felt. Not just one person in particular. Kind of every body minus a handful of people.
yeah, like I said, a funk.
But its leaving me now, so HOORAY.
Have you ever been in a 'funk' ?
What do you do?
I'm going back to the gym to make sure I take that time for myself, and I am also going to go back to the Temple each week. I thoroughly enjoy taking care of my family, and doing the best I can at all my church callings, and my job BUT, I realize I need a break too. ( and yes, the gym is a break for me. It's MY time, and I enjoy working out. )

8 comments:
Love Modern Family. I love a lot of your loves. I hate getting in a funk. I did a few months after my second child was born. Couldn't pinpoint what it was, but just felt picked on, really in every aspect of my life. I did the same thing you are doing, worked out. It is my relief. Sorry you are in a funk and glad you are coming out of it.
I am glad you are getting out of your funk! I know how they are, I had one about a year ago and it was scary feeling so upset about life...I scared my poor husband too...eek!! I think I just needed to talk....with my moms cancer, having trouble getting prego I had just lost it. I think time for yourself is definately needed, especially with 3 kiddos! Swayzee is getting big and just so cute!
Sorry you were in a funk. I think we are all there at some point in our lives. I am so happy to hear you are doing well now! Your family is adorable and you are such a sweet person. I am here for you and love ya tons! I love reading your blog. You are so inspiring. I can't believe how much Swayz has grown...and all the kiddos! Go back to the gym... That is YOUR special thing and you deserve that 'alone' time. : ) Love ya, girl!
Life can just be overwhelming sometimes. I feel like I was in a long "funk" last year as I struggled with our fertility problems. Honestly, what helped me was diving into the scriptures and prayer and now temple attendance. It helped me understand his will and plan for my life and that I wasn't being picked on or punished. And taking time for yourself like getting a massage or pedicure or going to the gym (which is so not relaxing to me haha!) definitely helps! Love you sweetie, so glad you're feeling better :)
PS- I'm LOVING soup lately too!
Yay for getting out of funks! And I love all the "loves." So many things to love about this time of year. The funk.. I hate funks. And I seem to get into them a lot, I think it just has a lot to do with this time in life and my own attitude. My refuge is Barnes and Noble. I go grab a green tea frapuccino and spend an hour or two just browsing.
I love all your loves and Im really loving Kiss nails! I put them on today actually. Funks are the pits. I was in one earlier this year as well. and like you said, not that you are unhappy with your life, it just isnt something you can pinpoint. So I started working out again to help me get out of it and it worked! :) Sending lots of love your way!
much love nad many blessings,
Haylee
Oh My lovely Melissa. I love your loves especially the one about me and my girls. Also you have to watch Parenthood, I believe it is the best television show on t.v. I made a butternut squash soup the other day it was AMAZING.I miss you too. I have been doing my home work a lot a coffee shop lately by my house (if I stay home I have way to much to do and school work suffers so I have to leave) There are these 2 girls that I swear always end up sitting by me. They are so cute and have the funnest time together. It makes me think of you and our coffee/hot cocoa times. I love you and your family and really miss my talks with you.
I am sorry to hear about your funk. I think funks are normal and need to happen in our lives, they let us know that something is just not in balance right now. You are super women and even you need to stop...breathe...and take a break. I was in a HUGE funk when we moved out here to Hawaii, yes I wanted it, yes I was so excited, but I missed my friends and my job, I missed my house and I just wanted my own space. I couldn't get out of it, I tried to be thankful for everything I had but still couldn't get out of it, it was very frustrating, but like you I was able to finally get out of it when we got our house here. I truly believe in "Me" time. I learned about 5 years ago if I get up a little before my kids and do a little yoga and mediation my whole world is different and the days i didn't I could tell. The beach is my temple here and I know when I haven't been there in a while I will miss it and long for it to where I almost feel like I have to physically run there or I will not feel like myself until I do. We all have our own ways of doing it and taking care of ourselves, the one thing that we all have in common is that it comes down to just needing to take care ourselves, it could be just chilling out, working out, going to a certain place, reading, writing, drawing, dancing, yoga whatever it is there is something that we all need to help us feel balanced. I am glad you have found yours.
Your little Swayzee is a cutie can't wait until I get to meet her I just hope it wont be when she is that much older. Love you , miss you tons, we need to email again. I will send you one this next week. Give your cutie kids kisses for me and tell Seth we say Hi. Love you.
Thank you all for your support!! You are all so fabulous, and I'm so glad I have you all in my life1 this week has been the most amazing week I've had in a little while! XOXOXOXOX
Love you all!
Post a Comment