9.21.2009

Disturbing Nightmares

So when I am pregnant, I have the most disturbing dreams and nightmares. Last night was my first one! It was so disturbing that I feel the need to get it off my chest, and I can still remember the dream. That is unusual too, as I usually forget moments later.

When pregnant with Mykelle, I had the worst nightmares resulting in me HATING horror films now. I rarely watch them, and I get so scared if I do.

I think this is what set up my dream. I watched "Snapped" on Oxygen, and some "Murder Mysteries" on TLC.

I also talked to my mom about picking me up some Tamales from my sister's work today. I was craving them.

My dream began in a spooky neighborhood. Spooky, as in a dark neighborhood. The sun was not shining in my dream. Seth was here and there in my dream, and I only remember Mykelle.

At some point in my dream I am getting drugged up because these men are going to rape me. [ I told you it was disturbing] They are on drugs as well, and there are two females that are taking part in this. One is a crack head that is skin and bones. The other is Christine S. ( From my Bunko group) I am shocked that she would let them do this! I really like her. The two females are watching out for cops!

I am trying to get away, but I'm not accomplishing anything. I ask them if I can just take Mykelle to school so she can be safe. At this point, she disappears.

In my dream, I am strong, but it isn't hurting anyone. It doesn't even phase these women when I am hitting! I keep asking them why they would let these men do this to me.

They are sad for me, but don't do anything. I'm hysterical. Screaming and crying. Then I'm unconscious. I know I am being raped and drugged somehow, even though I'm unconcious.

I wake up in pain. Knowing I am hurt. I tell Seth, and we call the police.

A lot of people I know live in my neighborhood in this dream. Emily Dalton, Jessica, Mindy, Emily M., Stacie, and a few others.

The cops arrive, and I tell them what happened. They say they are going to take care of it, and then leave. I go outside, and I see my attackers. They are pointing at me. They are heading towards me.

I am so scared inside. I am crying and crying. Screaming. The cops just drive away. No one will help me! Some people are laughing, and others don't have time to help me.

My attackers want to get me, and I just start running. I run into Jessica, Mindy, and Emily, and they are in a deep conversation, and tell me they will talk to me later.

I run to Emily M.'s House, and she answered the door startled. She is about to help me, then her husband comes to the door and says they can't help me because they are eating dinner.

I keep running and running.

In the meantime, I want to wake up so bad. It feels like this dream has lasted all night! I can feel myself crying, but can't wake up.

I run into downtown Midvale (Ghetto) they are having a Mexican fiesta. I see my attackers coming, and hide in the crowd. An adorable Hispanic women saves me, and feeds me tamales.

Then I woke up. It was 6:31 am

I am so disturbed, and I had been crying so I wake Seth up, and tell him about my dream. He tells me about his, and it is weird.

I laugh, and don't really fall back asleep because I do not want to re-live that dream.

By now, the dream is still disturbing, but all morning I couldn't get the dream out of my head!

I hate nightmares!

6 comments:

TJ and Jessica said...

That's horrible!! Don't worry, no matter what Min, Em and I are talking about I'll always stop to help you if you're being attacked! Seriously though, that's a scary dream!

Edwards. said...

OH my HECK Melissa! That is out of control! I have bad dreams as well when I am pregnant, it's weird, and the fact that you remember them so well....but nothing has ever came to be that scary. I know when I wake up and can't fall asleep I sing primary songs and say about a hundred prayers so i can fall back asleep.

Leslie Merrill said...

Don't you hate the way those leave you feeling? I had one the night before last. The 16 year old daughter of a good friend of mine was shot. We really thought she was going to die. It was horrible! She pulled through, but when I woke up and all day long I was so worried about her. Awful!!

The Brindley's said...

Oh man the pregnancy nightmares. I had one so bad with my first baby that I still almost start crying talking about it. Wont go into detail, but it was one of those felt SOOO real that it haunts me so bad. Boy, what we go through to get our little ones here. :)

Mrs. JM said...

thank goodness i don't have pregnant nightmares. my dreams are way more intense and vivid when i'm pregnant though but usually all the men in the world really want me. so i'm clearly insecure when i'm pregnant.

i'll give you the advice i give my kids after they have a nightmare; turn your pillow over so the nightmare is on the other side and think of one thing that makes you really happy like cherry hill or lagoon or cotton candy.

hopefully that will help for next time because i'm sure they'll be a next time.

p.s. i'm sorry my husband wouldn't let me help you. what a jerk.

Angela said...

Freaky!! Sorry Mel! Sorry but the part where Jess and your friends said they'd talk to you later cracked me up!