3.26.2010

Appointment 8

Today- 36 Weeks.
Don't mind my incredibly unhappy face. I told you I was grumpy today.

Last Sunday 35 wks. 2 days. Notice the BIG difference?

Well, today was eventful at the Doctors.

First off, I was in a horrible mood today.

Well, maybe not horrible, but I was tired.

Every person on the road driving was annoying me.

Scone cutter by my house shut down when I really, really wanted it for lunch!

I got Mykelle to school late.

I can't sit normal.

Anyway, I cheered up by the afternoon.

Today at the doctors was my first "Fun" appointment.

They did the check for Strep B. Super Fun, and then checked my cervix for dilation and thinning.

This is also when the Doctor became very concerned. He couldn't feel the baby's head at all.

Yep. The baby's breech.

He gave me an ultrasound to confirm it, and sure enough, the baby's head is right up by my ribs, and his legs are way down low.

I didn't really know what to think.

The Doctor said my cervix wasn't thinned much because there is no pressure from the baby's head on my cervix. I was dilated to a 1 1/2.

We then talked about what could be done, because I do not want to have a c-section.

Not just because I don't want my stomach cut, but I don't want to have to deal with the recovery time, and also, I want to be able to hold my baby right when it is born, and all that fun stuff that comes with a natural delivery.

He is honestly the sweetest Doctor, and made me feel so much better about the situation.

He immediately went across to the Maternal Fetal Medicine (After telling me I could get dressed so I didn't have to sit butt naked on the table anymore. I hate that.) He talked to a Doctor over there, and got me an appointment next week to have the baby turned. Or try at least. I guess the Doctor is very busy, so I was very happy to be fit in.

The only problem is that there is no guarantee the baby will stay head down, so they would have to schedule an induction for the following week (April 7th), and pray that my cervix will ripen. They may have to help with that too.

If the baby doesn't turn, or won't stay turned, then I have to have a scheduled C-section at 38 weeks as well. So either way, looks like I'm going to have a baby in 2 weeks unless things change.

2 weeks seems too early. I am scared about that too, but I know that baby is full term at 37 weeks.

It was a lot for me to take in, and I was fine when I was in the Dr. Office, but when I got in my car and called Seth, I started crying.

I think I was mostly surprised, because I thought for sure it had flipped and went head down. It felt lower (which it is) I was just surprised. After I cried for a minute, I was ok, and ready to do whatever I needed to do.

I still really, really want to have a natural birth, and still hope and pray this baby can turn around.

Dr. Ras said that this Doctor is so good, and he really thinks he can flip the baby because I am thin, and I have so much amniotic fluid. Thank Goodness.

Anyway, I have gained 2o pounds, and my belly made a HUGE jump from 32 to 35 cm. He was so surprised, he measured me twice. I KNEW my belly grew a ton this last week! I knew it! It's GINORMOUS!

Anyway, I felt so much better after I came home and talked to Seth.

I have a few pictures of my belly too, but my camera is dead, so check back and I'll add some.

Oh and Jamie, Remember what I told you I was going to ask him? I did, and he said everything looked great!( In a non-creepy way!)

16 comments:

Emily said...

Oh that's why you're bummed! I'm so sorry. Hopefully he can get that stinker to turn and if not, c-section is not as bad as you think. I bet you'd recover faster then most do.

Mindy Hawks said...

Im so scared of that happening! My sis-in-law Hollie's baby was breech for a few weeks and they were worried about that too but then right before her due date she flipped the right direction, so hopefully that happens for you too!
That's exciting your baby will be here in 2 weeks though!!!
Oh so, question...why were you butt naked at the doctors? lol. Where was your robe thingy?? haha!

Mrs. JM said...

ouch! i'll be send good vibes your way. i've heard it's a bit painful :).

either way, it's all part of the process with one ultimate goal = healthy baby. you'll do great no matter what.

go for april 6th, that's a good day to be born (i promise).

2 weeks!!!

Scottkids said...

Mindy,

LOL. I did have that little cover, but I was still naked, and it's weird!!!

Mrs. JM,
I am so scared of the pain too! I know it is going to be painful, but it will be worth the pain! Thanks for the good vibes!

And I know 2 weeks!!! Ahhhhh...... that is so crazy!!!

Scottkids said...

P.S. Is April 6th your birthday Emily?

Edwards. said...

So exciting that you are only 2 weeks away and you will see if you'll have a little boy to dress or a little girl to dress and spoil! I can't wait to find out!! :)

Also bummer about being breech, but like people have said before, it can turn on it's own also...so lets just hope for that so that you don't have to go through the pain of having a doc try to turn it. I have heard it is painful as well, but you have a high pain tolerance so hopefully it won't be as bad! I'll keep you in my prayers for sure! :)

You look absolutely beautiful in both your pictures! Amazing how much your belly grew in just a week. You can tell a huge difference! I hope mine does the same because this little one in my belly is tiny and needs to grow a lot in the next couple weeks!

I go in on Thursday for my "fun" doc apointment. I'm excited. :) But also get an ultrasound, so it makes it all worth it.

Anyway, we love you and keep us updated (I know you will) on what happens with your babe.

Mallory Francks Photography said...

Oh don't be scared hun! Everything will be fine, I know it! I had a C-section and it really isn't as bad as you may think. I know I have only given birth to one child, but all in all, I think I would do a C-section again over natural. It doesn't 'mess you up' down there! lol lol The scar is not noticeable AT ALL! It is such a low and small incision, it can be covered by a swimsuit/underwear. I got to see Collin like 3 minutes after he was born. Yes, mine was an emergency C-section because he was too big. My situation was a bit different.. I will have to tell you about it sometime. But I just want you to know I am here for you if you need to talk! I love ya tons and am sure everything will work itself out. You are a strong, awesome person with a positive outlook. Love you, girl!
MaL

TJ and Jessica said...

I'm sorry you were having such a rough day :( But remember, in a few weeks you'll have a healthy beautiful baby girl (I think it's a girl BTW) and everything will be so worth it, no matter how she comes in the world. I've heard C-sections aren't that bad and it sounds like people that have had them think so, but I'll pray for you for a natural birth. (I would be scared to have one too) Love you, CALL me sometime!!

Wells Family said...

Honey no matter what happens everything will be ok! I can understand your not wanting a c-section...neither do I. My lil one is butt down right now too, but I'm only 21 weeks....I will pray that baby turns around for you and your delivery is just wonderful. I am getting so excited to see pics of baby Scott! It's amazing how much they grow in 2 weeks, your just as beautiful as ever!!!!

Sarah Atwood said...

i am sorry to here that your first "fun" appointment didn't go as you had hoped :( i had mine on thursday and our little guy is head down and doctor told me i was 40% and dialated to 1 cm. i am a little jealous that you have a definative end in site one way or the other...we just get to wait now :) which is fine. everything will be done and ready for him after this weekend so now all we need is baby! good luck with the rest little bit! i will be thinking about you :)

Scottkids said...

Thank You so much you guys! I feel so much better after reading all your kind words, and sleeping on it last night!

I feel ready for whatever I have to do, and have really high hopes and lots of faith that the baby will turn. If not, no biggie. We just want to have a healthy baby.

Last night I told Seth two weeks left, and he was totally scared and excited. He was thinking 3, so he was so surprised!

anyway, thanks again!

Devin and Jaclyn Stutz said...

I sure hope the baby flips on it's own. That doesn't look fun. But I am sure everything will be just fine and you won't have to have a C-section. And as I was reading your blog you threw a HIS legs in there refering to your baby. Are you trying to tell us something?

Good luck!

Angela said...

Yay! I can see your blog again! lol. I'm sorry to hear Baby Scott is breech! I would be scared too. I'll be saying prayers for you that he/she will switch on his/her own so you can have a natural childbirth! And I think you should definitely keep doing yoga, that might just do the trick! :) Hang in there sweetie! I can't wait to see your new little one! You guys make some darn cute babies!

Tiffany said...

Good luck with everything!! I have my babies at 37 weeks and they have all been very healthy! I hope that the turning goes well!! Keep us updated!

Julie Catoe said...

You look so good. I can't get over how beautiful you look with your contagious smile.
I am sorry this is not going how you want it too. But honestly after what happened to my friend Lindsay if the way to have a healthy baby is c-section than there is nothing to worry about. I know it is not what you would choices for your delivery but it is worth it if your baby comes in to this world healthy.

Wow! 2 weeks and there will be a new Scott in the world. I am dying to know what the sex is.
Keep praying and everything will work out the way it is suppose too. Love you

StobbeFamily said...

oh Melissa! I knew I could count on you to get the answers! From now on I will just refer all my embarrassing questions to you! I can't wait to meet Dr. Rasmussen next week! (neither can Tanner!) Love you!