3.16.2010

Our 5th Anniversary

Las Vegas 2008

So, Seth and I celebrated our 5Th Anniversary on the 5Th, and we have no pictures from the weekend, but we had such a good time.
We rented my parents time share in Bear Lake, and stayed the whole weekend. On the way up, he left roses for me on the seat, with a really sweet card. The card itself said...

"Every time you look in the mirror, you see my favorite person"


Simple, and sweet. I'll save you from the details on all the mushy stuff in the card, but it was really sweet.


We went out in Logan on Friday AND Saturday night. Our waitress on Saturday asked us why the heck we would go to Logan, but we were really just enjoying being with each other, and it didn't matter where it was.

We ate at the Bluebird and tried lots of home made chocolates. (Jess and Em, that is where we went for lunch on our girls weekend) The Mint Chocolates were soooo good, Seth took me back on Saturday to get more.


We also went and saw "Valentine's Day" It wasn't that good in my opinion. I thought it was really long actually. I did cry at the end though. (The Julia Roberts part. I missed my kids a little.) On Saturday night we made dinner together, and went to the pool. I looked hot let me tell you! Actually, I didn't try on my swimsuit before we left, so I didn't know exactly how it would fit. Lets just say all you could see was boobs. I actually felt really uncomfortable in it, and we didn't stay long, also Seth hates public hot tubs. (Me too actually. Do you know how many dead skin cells float around in all those bubbles? Nasty!)

Anyway, we spent the weekend relaxing, sleeping in, and enjoying our time together before we have 3 kids. It was perfect. (Even though I was extremely car sick coming home. The rode from Bear Lake to Logan has so many turns!)


I can't believe Seth and I have been together for 7 years. It's crazy how fast time has gone by.

Our story is far from perfect, and at some points in the very beginning, and throughout, I didn't know what I wanted exactly. I was so young. My expectations of marriage were TOTALLY different, and I was selfish.


I was a brat actually. Kind of. In some ways I was, but really, we were both learning how to be a husband, wife, and parents.
I refused to be that Mormon girl that got married because she got pregnant, and wanted to know that it was right. Seth was ready for marriage because he was a little older, but I was only 19. After getting married, I thought. Why is this so hard? Marriage is supposed to be all happy, fun, and easy. And not only that, we had a nine month old baby to add into Seth starting his new business, and being broke.

It was hard to say the least.

I have never been happier with our life now. It is everything I could have asked for.

Now I know that marriage is far from easy. It is really hard sometimes. But it also is one of the most wonderful things ever! When you get through the tough times, you feel so strong, and your marriage is strong too.

I have a wonderful husband who would do anything for me, and our little family. He has given me a beautiful life, and beautiful children. He works hard, and loves us so much. He is such a caring, loving, fun, and outgoing person, and treats me and others with respect.

Although he doesn't go to church, it doesn't matter right now. You would never know different. He has great morals and values, and wants everything I want for our children.


He is my Best friend, and he really treats me so good.

I've never felt more beautiful to HIM than I do at this point in our life, and I KNOW he loves me so much!

That's really important to me, and any wife really.
In 5 MORE years from now.............



We will have been married for 10 years!


Mykelle will be almost 11.


Trey will be 8.


Baby will be 5.


I will be almost 31.


Seth will be 35.


We will more than likely have a different house.


Hopefully have about 5 kids or so.


Seth's business will be running successfully, and he will come home at 5pm :)


Sealed in the Temple!

I will either be a SAHM, or a personal trainer and hopefully still have a six pack!

I may have wrinkles. That is the only thing that scares me about getting older. I don't want to look old.


AND we will hopefully still be Happy and Healthy!


Happy Anniversary to us! We've made it this far!

10 comments:

Hawaii Soccer Mom said...

How cute!!! Don't worry, Melissa. I have barely any wrinkles at all and I'm almost 32. LMAO! ;-)

The Brindley's said...

What a fun get away for your anniversary. You are a cute couple and Seth is quite lucky to have you.

Scary to think about the future...

Wells Family said...

Happy Anniversary to the both of you. You have come a long way and all I can tell is that you are just soooo happy and I love hearing that. xoxo...and no matter how old you are..you will always be sexy!

Mrs. JM said...

happy anniversary for sure! thanks for posting. i was having withdrawals.

wrinkles? i say embrace em' ... :)

Sarah Atwood said...

congrats on 5 years!! travis and i had our 5 year wedding anniversary in january...and our "know each other for 7 years" anniversary in january...which means that you and seth met about the same time that we did... i don't remember him from our glory days together?? :) isn't it amazing how time flys?!

Teri said...

Congratulations on 5 years. Here's wishing many more years together.

Scottkids said...

Thanks guys!! We are happy!

Sandra, funny thing, I was going to mention I hope I have your skin in my 30's!!

Sarah,
Remember when we stopped hanging out randomly. It was because of Seth. I was that girl, that ditched her friends for a bit, because I spent all my time with Seth. We actually met in April 2003. We weren't really serious until June 2003. It is pretty crazy how fast time flies!

Julie Catoe said...

That is really awesome. I love the both of you and I am so happy that you both are so happy together. You have to give yourself a break most people at age 19 would not be able to handle a baby and marriage either(I think you have done pretty well)
Congratulations!
And like Sandra I am 30 and I have no wrinkles. And Kevin is 33 and he doesn't have any either. You are so funny you remind me of a teenager that thinks 30 is old. And before you know it you will be 30 and think this is the best I have ever felt.

Scottkids said...

LOL! I'm not afraid of being 30. I think its going to be awesome, and sexy. I just don't want to look old. You guys are going to start looking old eventually! Ha Ha. You all look great for being over 30, and Seth is still very sexy at 30, and will just get sexier I think.

Mindy Hawks said...

You guys are cute. :)

And I think you should for sure become a personal trainer then help me get back into shape after this baby is born! :)