5.24.2010

Mykelle turns 6

My daughter LOVES animals, especially dogs. She wanted to throw a puppy party this year, so I went all out. It was a lot of fun! She always has the choice of either having a friend party, or a family party, and this year she chose family so they could all bring their dogs. We had a little BBQ and served hot DOGS, along with a whole bunch of other food served in dog bowls.

Our house was FULL of family, and it was such a blast!
(Minus the clean up part. That part always sucks!) Mykelle declared Saturday and Sunday "The best days EVER!!!!!"

Kel doesn't enjoy cake, so we made dog bone sugar cookies, and they were delicious! We played a few games of "Who let the dogs out" which I have video of, and it is the cutest thing ever! We had some face painting, and Mykelle's aunt Candice made dog balloons for everyone! (Thanks Candice you ROCK!)


I also gave her a little manicure and pedicure for her birthday party, and gave her puppy ears. ( She calls pig tails, puppy ears)


Me, the Face Painter
Candice the Balloon maker.


I painted puppy paws on their cheeks.


Getting ready to boogie!


Going over the rules of the game! Mykelle was so excited.


Opening gifts. Aren't they cute?


My Aunt Lisa and Sister in law Candice


Michael and Jackie



Braxy

My adorable niece Alliyah



My nieces Paige and Morgan


My dad and Trey man.


My cousin Hannah



Mykelle's best friend, and my adopted daughters Taylor and Brilyn.

Mykelle's Birthday cookies

So after all that fun, we decided we would through a birthday party every OTHER year!

7 comments:

Mrs. JM said...

so cute! what a fun idea. i love great parties but i'm with you, every other year. that's how we roll too!

Edwards. said...

you are an amazing mother and your children will always know how special they are, and remember it! What a great way to celebrate MyKelle turning 6! I'm sure it was a BLAST!

Candice said...

Mykelle is lucky to have such a creative mom. What a fabulous party.

TJ and Jessica said...

Looks like so much fun! I wish we could have been there. I love that little sweetheart!

Wells Family said...

You are the funnest mom ever! I try to remember the fun things you do, so when it's my turn I will be a cool momma too

Emily said...

Happy late b-day Mykelle!!! We decided to have parties every other year at our house too after throwing the princess party for the twins and the swimming party for Randi.

Julie Catoe said...

That is the cutest birthday party. I showed Brenna the pictures she thought it was so cool. Mykelle is so creative. You did an awesome job like always.