8.10.2010

Bountiful Baskets

BOUNTIFUL;
Synonyms:
plenty
abundant
liberal
handsome
heavy
substantial
galore

World English Dictionary
bountiful
— adj
1. plentiful; ample (esp in the phrase a bountiful supply )
2. giving freely; generous

I am SO excited about Bountiful Baskets. I got all this produce for $15 Is that a deal or what? I am hooked. I paid $10 for 5 loaves of 9 grain bread, and it is my favorite. ( I forgot to add it to my loves) If you want to find out how you can get all this produce for this great price, go to their website. www.bountifulbaskets.org You have to sign up between Monday and Tuesday night to get it, and the pickups in Utah sell out quick. (Where I live anyway) Check it out!

Saturday's pick up was pretty sweet. Everything was good quality, and the bread is delish!

Here is what I am going to be doing with all this food this week.

Monday: Chicken Salad sandwiches with the celery and grapes.
Tuesday: Rosemary chicken, green salad (made with all the veggies above), and diced peaches
Wednseday: Stuffed Red peppers with sausage and couscous
Thursday: Chicken Divan with the Broccoli
Friday: Carrot and Fennel Soup with home made rolls
Saturday: Enchiladas uhhh...none of the above picture food will be used
Sunday:Roast with LOTS of carrots. lol.

I'll shares some amazing recipes next week, but you have got to check out this Rosemary chicken recipe over at Mynutritiousdish It was so good! I love cooking with rosemary! I have a really good rosemary bread recipe I'll have to share.

P.S. Do any of my friends here know how to can???? I need someone to teach me!

8 comments:

Hawaii Soccer Mom said...

I can't believe you got all that food for so cheap!!!! Awesome deal!!! And your meal plan sounds delish!

TJ and Jessica said...

I wish we were neighbors and you just cooked me dinner every night. Seriously, I'm SO tired lately so dinner duty is up to T, sometimes that can be scary! haha! All those meals sounds so yummy!

Mrs. JM said...

so i don't know how to can but i DO want to learn. we could learn together. seriously, it can't be that hard. we've produced people for hell sakes :)

do you need me to pick up a basket for you this weekend? i ordered the bread this week too ... i'm sad to admit that i don't think my family loves the homemade bread i make. i also ordered the granola this week. i'm excited about that!!!

anyway, loves.

Scottkids said...

I know huh Sandra! So cheap!

Jess,
I wish we were neighbors too! It would be so awesome!!!!!

Mrs.JM,
We need to learn! You didnt buy the sweet corn?? Olathe sweet corn is the best!!! I'm going to freeze a ton of it!

We actually decided to go camping on Saturday-Sunday night, so I can pick it up now! Thanks so much for being willing to though!!

The bread is so good. Also, let me know about the granola!!

Mrs. JM said...

corn doesn't have much of a taste to me. corn is not digestible. corn has zero nutritional value. just sayin' (adding to your list of things not to cook for me although if you made it, i would eat it and say "yum").

loves!

Jessica said...

I heard about this and really wanted to do it. Thanks for the reminder post. I guess I will sign up. Swayzee is a Mykell twin! Ah she is darling.

Scottkids said...

Em, You would.

Lady of Perpetual Chaos said...

I kind of know how to can. I started canning when I was pregnant with #1. I do the kind of canning where I seem to learn everything the hard way. I really liked the book Canning & Preserving for Dummies. It's super helpful especially if you're a beginner.

Good luck!