I'm the worst mom ever. I'm so embarrassed about this post.
Yesterday, I left Trey and Mykelle at home with Seth, and went to run errands. I went to Lakeshore, and ran in to grab a few things. After being in the store for a few minutes, I realized I left Swayzee out in the car. (In my head, I was thinking all the kids were at home with their daddy) I panicked, and sprinted outside to find her sleeping sounding in my locked car. I felt like crying, and quickly grabbed her and went back in. Worrying mostly, that people were going to see me bringing her back in, and think I was the worst person ever, and praying in thankfulness for her safety!
Who does that? I felt so terrible.
I can officially NEVER judge another mother again, because I swore I would never do that to my child.
I know, I know. Tell me what a bad mother I am.

12 comments:
Oh! You are such a good mom. It was an innocent mistake! I think we all have done it once. I know I have once. Scary! I did cry. I didn't even finish my errands that day!
You are NOT a terrible mother. You just made a mistake. We all make mistakes. The important thing is that you remembered quickly and Swayzee is fine. When Babs fell down the stairs and knocked her teeth out, I felt terribly guilty. Every time I would look at her beautiful face and see the hole where her teeth should be I would beat myself up over it all over again. But she really is fine. And, almost 2 years later, I'm starting to feel less guilty. She actually thinks it's cool and big sister has finally caught up to her with losing 2 teeth. Accidents happen. And they are way harder on the Mama then the baby.
I hope you are not as hard on yourself as I have been. It's just no way to live.
I am sure I will do that too, and I don't even have another child....don't feel bad love!
You are NOT a bad mom!! You are a wonderful mom!! I feel so bad that that happened to you because you are probably beating yourself up over it, but the truth is it could happen to anyone and thankfully she was perfectly fine so don't worry about it! It's crazy how distracted we are as moms, my mind is always going a hundred different directions at once so I'm sure that will happen to me someday too! Nobody's perfect and just to repeat myself... you are one of the BEST moms I know!!! :)
nothing about you as a mother is bad melissa. i'm so glad she's okay. now, get over it and forgive yourself for being a human being trying to take the best care possible of yourself and four other human beings. if you ask me, you're an all star and the fact that your kids are never far from the front of your mind is the reason you realized so quickly of the mistake that you made.
You are far from a bad mom you are just a REAL mom. Every mom has a story that can relate to yours it is how life is. We cannot be perfect at everything all the time even being a mom. To be the person (mom) we want to be we have to make mistakes sometimes. Moments like that are just harder on you, forgive, take a breath, she is fine and you are still amazing. A bad mom is someone who does it on purpose.
I completely agree with Ange, you are one of the most AMAZING mothers that I know. Seriously, I want you to write me a handbook! I learn so much from you and LOVE you!!!
We've all made accidental mistakes that we feel terrible about. Once when Mindy was a tiny baby, I was walking through the house and just dropped her on the floor. How's that for bad mom??
We've all made accidental mistakes that we feel terrible about. Once when Mindy was a tiny baby, I was walking through the house and just dropped her on the floor. How's that for bad mom??
I just had to laugh at this. It was an honest mistake. Little Swayz is just too pint sized to remember sometimes. :)
Just like all your friends have told you, you are not a bad mom. I've always been paranoid about doing that, or forgetting one of my kids somewhere. Especailly after I saw an Oprah show about it. Thank goodness you remembered she was in there, I'm sure heavenly father was watching out for you both. I hope you don't beat your self up about it too bad, it was a mistake and she's totally fine! :) We all have "bad mommy" moments lol
Thanks guys! I'm not beating myself up, but I still cannot believe I did that!! Seriously. I appreciate all the sweet words though. I have amazing people in my life!
Courtney! I know what Oprah your talking about, and that is SO sad and scary!!!
Post a Comment