Honestly, I really enjoy my life, so I wouldn't want to be anyone else.
Since that is not the question, I'll answer.
Hmm. I still can't think of anyone in particular, so I would just say someone rich, hot, and powerful. For the day, I'd give lots of money away, and help lots of charities. I eat good food, and get pampered. I'd buy lots of clothes and cute things for my kids, and ship them off to them. And then I'd reward my family with a vacation to the Dominican just because we are awesome.
Yep, thats probably what I'd do. Too bad 24 hours goes by so fast. I would take some NODoz, and stay awake all 24 of them.
___________________________________________________________________
Lately, I've been thinking a lot about the kind of mother I want my kids to remember me as. I know my close friends will say, "You are a good mom!" BUT, I want to be even better.
I really enjoy the little things with my kids. You know, like curling up with them and reading books, and playing games on the floor. Playing games outside, and tickling them. Yes, I do all these things, but I want to do it even more.
What started this thinking, was the other night when we were all reading books, I thought... soon my kids won't want to do this. They won't want to come cuddle on the couch and let me read to them. They won't want to sit on the floor and do puzzles, or play monkey's in the barrel. I won't get as many random kisses and hugs. OH MY HECK, now I'm crying, but honestly, I know they will grow up fast, but it is just so sad, and amazing watching them grow all at the same time.
I just want to make sure I cherish every moment even more. I really love being a mom. It is the most tiring, rewarding, beautiful, amazing, thing. I really love taking care of them.
The root of this could really be that I'm sad that this could possibly, more than likely be my last pregnancy. My LAST baby. My LAST toddler! Anyway, that's all for today.
I just really love being my kids mom!

5 comments:
I have learned from my girls that I need them more than they need me. Your kids will always have the best memories with you and they will create more and more the older they get. I understand how you feel. I had a day like that with Lucy yesterday, where I just didn't want to think about her getting any bigger. I told her one day I wont be able to carry you (how sad) so I carried to bed. They are so perfect the way they are and it is hard to imagine them any other way.
I love this post, i find myself saying " i can't wait" a lot. To hear her voice when she starts talking, watch her dance and play sports ETC. I think this comes with the first child, you can't wait for the next development of your child. Thanks for the reminder.
I get so excited to be able to play games with Aubry and make cookies...but then I am already sad she is 7 1/2 months...I try to enjoy every moment like you do!
Holy Doodle! that was a lot of blogging to catch up on. I really want to read the book She, I love being a mom, it is who I am. I am pretty sure I have gained 12 lbs in my arms (wave'em baby) and I am so excited I made your pics with friends post. You are the best, thanks for sharing your thoughts.
Steph
Holy Doodle! that was a lot of blogging to catch up on. I really want to read the book She, I love being a mom, it is who I am. I am pretty sure I have gained 12 lbs in my arms (wave'em baby) and I am so excited I made your pics with friends post. You are the best, thanks for sharing your thoughts.
Steph
Post a Comment