Day 9: Something I am proud of.
The last 3 or 4 years, I have especially tried to live my life in a way that was pleasing unto me, and also the Lord. It has worked out really well for me!
Some where I read a quote that said... "To truly be happy, you must be good, and do good!" Love it!
I've always tried to do things that wouldn't make me feel bad later on, and things I would be proud of after. Like for example, Doing good for others even when you feel they might not be deserving of it. Or, Lashing out.... I hold my tongue unless something really needs to be said, and if I do say something, I always try to do it in a nice or loving way. There are several moments when I want to go off on somebody, but I don't because after I wouldn't feel good about myself, or the situation.
That's why I don't like gossiping or saying rude things about others (Don't get me wrong, I've said things about people, but I wouldn't ever say anything I wouldn't say to their face, or things that are truly hurtful.... Actually, that was a lie. I realized it after I wrote it. I've said some things I wouldn't say to this one person's face, but it wasn't that mean, just the truth. Some people can't handle the truth. Also, I tell Seth everything. Things I wouldn't say to anybody else, but know they would never be repeated. Also, neither of us say bad things about others very often. We both think that it is a "ugly" quality to not see the good in most people.)
Oh man, I got off subject. All I'm saying is, I try to never say or do things that I wouldn't be proud of. Ever since I lost my temper and hit "that girl"... it was a moment I've never been proud of.
It is the best feeling to be able to be in control of yourself , and your emotions and actions. We all know we can only control ourselves any way!
That's all on that subject.
Day 10: Songs you listen to when you are happy, sad, bored, anxious, mad.
I'll give you a run down of when I listen to music...
· In the car with kids- Primary Songs, or 97.1, 100.7, 93.3I
· In the car without kids- Hip Hop music. LOVE it. It makes me want to dance!
· Working out- Dance music, Hip Hop music
· Cooking Dinner- Oldies like , Billie Holliday, Edda Jones, Nat King Cole. LOVE that music too. Or Jazz music. Or Michael Buble. Or anything soft really.
· Sundays- Church Music. My current favorite song "He hears me" by Hilary Weeks
· Happy-Hip Hop Music
· Anxious or mad- Can't listen to music
· Bored- I wouldn't listen to music, I'd read or watch TV
And Just so you know. I don't care that much about music. I just like it to be good enough to listen too! Everyone says I have bad taste in music, but I just don't care. I don't own very many current cds, an Ipod, or anything like that. I'd rather buy clothes.
That's all.
Day 11: A picture with Friends
Ok, without insulting anyone, I love you all. I don't have pictures of all of you, so I'm sorry.
But I'd like to thank .... Jackie, , Ailee, Karissa, Emily M., Stepharoo, Sandra , Jamie, Mallory, Savannah, My sisters Naomi, Candice, Mindy and Angela, Stacie, Haylee, (Who I feel like I am so close with even though you live far away and I haven't seen you in years) and Holly for being amazing friends. I love you girls, and am so glad you are all my close friends!




Day 12: How you found out about Blogger, and why you have one.
I found out about blogger in fall of 2006. My brother told me I should really consider starting one, and post pics of the kids for him and his wife, Candice to see. Hence the name, Scott kids. At first, it was dedicated to them and the original name was "scottkidz" but it soon became an everything blog about our lives!

6 comments:
I am glad you said you are proud of yourself...you should be. you are a wonderful mom and friend!
Love you girl! Love reading your challenge, too! :)
you should be proud of yourself. you're an amazing person. i am proud of myself for making it onto your friends list. woot! woot! p.s. check out my foodie blog. i tried a "printable recipe" on the most recent post. hopefully it works like you want it to. if not, tell me so i can keep playing around with it. see you soon!!!!!!!
You make me smile!!! I was just thinking yesterday actually, how thankful I am to have you as a friend and even though we havent seen eachother in years, I know I can go to you with anything I need to talk about. I hope you have a wonderful week dear friend!!! Love ya.
I love reading your days. You should keep them up for me. You are a good person. I like how you think. To always behave in a way you will be proud of (it is funny when you go on a ramble on your blog). It is tricky trying to sort out emotions about people who upset you without wanting to talk poorly of them. I think you do a great job. I love music. I love that you put Nate King Cole he is one of my favs. Love the pic of the 4 of us (so long ago) and you are holding the racket we got you haha.
hooray for your blog!
Post a Comment