4.04.2011

Would you like to meet Baby #4?

For those of you who haven't heard, I'd like you to meet the sweet little baby growing inside me.

Is it a boy or a girl you wonder?

It's a precious little girl.

Who shall be known to the world as.....

Joslynn Reese Scott

We had our ultrasound last Monday, and I was thrilled to find out FOR SURE that it was a girl. I gave a little facebook tease, which is always fun. I didn't tell anyone until we told our kids first. I promised Mykelle and a Trey a pink treat if it was a girl, and a blue treat if it was a girl! They were pretty excited when they received a bucket of pink cotton candy!

We named her that afternoon. We were pretty set on Joslynn for a girl, and had no idea on middle names. After much thought, I thought of Reese. said it aloud several times. Wrote it down to see how it would look, and knew it was her name. I had to get a good feel for the name, and called Seth and told him. He to liked the name, but wanted to think about it for a little bit. When he came home that nightm he said he thought it was a good fit.

I started her baby journal that day, and titled it Joslynn Reese.

That's for sure her name.

Swayzee already has a favorite blanket. She loves this blanket. It is a mini version of a bigger blanket that is identical. She will cuddle with us every time we grab her favorite blanket!

Taking a picture with 3 kids is a serious task sometimes!

My beautiful girls!

Let me just tell you a little about who Swayzee is turning into so far....

She LOVES to read books. Especially about animals.

She LOVES to make animals sounds, especially a lion, dog, and elephant!

She is signing please, thank you, eat, more, all done, binky, and drink. She also says momma, dada, Hi, sissy, and kids.

She loves to scream, play, and laugh.

She loves to drink out of her sippy cups.

She started walking 3 weeks ago, and is starting to try and run. It's hilarious!

She LOVES to eat. (Especially fruit, pasta, and black beans)

She pulls this shy streak sometimes. She isn't scared of strangers, but she just stares at them, and won't do anything.

She's pretty freakin' adorable, and we can't get enough of her. She has Seth wrapped around her finger!


This is such a cute picture of Swayzee. I was in the middle of talking, so I ruined it. But just look at that face!


General Conference was awesome! I supplied the kids with snacks, and crafts, and blasted conference in our room. The snow on the satellite messed up so we missed some of it, but it is so awesome what kids hear even when they are coloring or doing something else. Trey would just blurt out something like" That's our church mom" or "There's the prophet!" It was so cute. They had a hard time hanging on by the end of the afternoon session, but they did really good!

The theme this year seemed to be "Helping others". I took notes on my favorites.

On Sunday morning, Dieter F. Uchtdorf talked about doing countless acts for others. He is still one of my favorite speakers. I just love him.

Paul V. Johnson talked about trials and struggles, and it was a great talk. He talked about the coming blessings that appear after trials, even though they may be hard to see at the time.

What I got from conference was mostly on being a good person, and helping others. (Among other things) and how doing unto others is like doing unto Jesus Christ.

Seth and I watched the programs after the Sunday morning session, and I cried several times. It was mostly about helping others, and what services we can volunteer for, and the services that are there to help others in need. Our church is so amazing, and it is run so well. I just can't help but be so thankful, and blessed. Seth and I both talked about how doing volunteer work is so important, but doing it with a good attitude is the only way. I can't wait to put our Hygiene kits together for the homeless!

We also talked about our Prophet Thomas S. Monson, who is the kindest man. He is so full of love, and I think of Jesus when I see him and hear him speak.

Swayzee playing peek a boo. I just love her hair!

Wanting me to hold her!

She was trying to grab her shadow!

Life is so good.

Be like Jesus!

8 comments:

Mallory Francks Photography said...

I LOVE the name! McClain's nephew's name is Rees and I wanted to use it so bad, but decided against it. It sounds and looks so good together! I am so excited to find out the name ahead of time!!!! It's so fun! Love ya tons and love your posts. Swayzee is so dang cute and her hair makes me smile :) ADORABLE!!!!

Wells Family said...

Joslynn Reese is a beautiful name! Your baby bump is sooo cute!! Oh my gosh I am in love with Swayzee's hair...so cute and curly!

Samantha and Brandon Scott said...

YEAH! i'm so glad you are sharing the babies name this time. I tried to get it out of Seth the other day. I love it, it all flows so well together. super cute. I love Swayzee's hair like that, so adorable. You are looking great:)

Julie Catoe said...

Oh, love the new girls name, so cute.

Christina said...

LOVE the name you picked out for baby #4, super cute. Your kids are so cute we need to get together and have a play date :) you have my number text me sometime :)

Scottkids said...

Thanks you guys! You are so sweet! I'm so glad you love her name! I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE it as well. I'm pretty sure she will love it too! :) Hopefully!

The Brindley's said...

Love the name!!! You have such a great family and it sounds like Joslynn will fit right in. Swayzee's hair is absolutely to die for!

Edwards. said...

It is an adorable name. I love love love it as well! Like I said...you can name my next kid...oh wait we already tried that. haha! I wish I had some of swayz hair. Oh my gosh!! So curly and beautiful. Love it! Your an amazing woman Melissa always so positive. I love your blog.....i love you lady!