1.19.2009

Martin Luther King Jr.


These are a few of my favorite quotes by him. What a GREAT man.


If it weren't for him, Seth and I would not be allowed to be together. My whole world would be different!


THANK YOU MLK!


Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

The time is always right to do what is right.

Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.


-Martin Luther King Jr.

My Favorite part of his speech...


When we let freedom ring, when we let it ring from every village and every hamlet, from every state and every city, we will be able to speed up that day when all of God's children, black men and white men, Jews and Gentiles, Protestants and Catholics, will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old Negro spiritual, "Free at last! free at last! thank God Almighty, we are free at last!"




5 comments:

Nicki said...

There you go again with another on of your AMAZING post.

Mindy Hawks said...

aww I love this post! He is amazing!

TJ and Jessica said...

Awesome quotes. He was an amazing man!!
Thank you for the text the other night :) It made my day! I love you!

Kathy&Mike said...

Amen! What an amazing and wonderful man.

Angela said...

LOVE this post. Thank you! He was amazing and I am so glad his legacy continues today.