1.27.2009

Slow-Dancing

We just came in from a cold day in the snow! The kids had a blast outside. 30 minutes is plenty of time in 27 degrees weather. Mykelle, Taylor, and Trey sitting at the table drinking hot cocoa and cutting out hearts to decorate the kitchen with..Listening to Mindy's wedding Cd (which is such a good Country mix BTW) Trey wants me to hold him so I take him to the living room and begin slow dancing with him (Which he loves) Today for some reason, I am flooded with happiness, the kind the makes you tear up. I think as I hold Trey's little hand, how much he has grown up, and that I don't want him to grow up so fast. He has the cutest personality, and always makes everyone laugh! He is so cuddly, so he laid on my shoulder the whole time while I slow danced with him to "Good Morning Beautiful" He danced with me for the whole song while I thought about how today was such a good day although I'm really tired and kind of lazy. He looks up at me when the song is over and gives me that smile that just melts everyones heart. Yep, today is a GREAT day!

He has always had the best smile! I miss when he was this small!

8 comments:

TJ and Jessica said...

This has to be the most precious post I've ever read! That is adorable! You are such an amazing mommy! I seriously tell people all the time that I want to be just like you when I have babies! Trey and Mykelle are so lucky to have you :)

Emily said...

Awww, I know these days. How lucky are we to be mothers?!

Angela said...

That is so precious, Mel!! It's those tender little moments that make it ALL worth it. You really are such a good mommy. It's times like that that your children will always remember as a time when they felt totally safe, loved, and secure.

Scottkids said...

Aw, Thanks Jess and Ang! Jess, you will be an amazing mommy. It is nice to hear that, because sometimes I just feel mean! I know I need to be more loving, but it is nice to hear your words.

And YES Emily, we are so lucky to be able to expeirence those moments! i'm so grateful!

Scottkids said...

Ang! You are a great mom yourself!

Kathy&Mike said...

I remember one Sunday just sitting in church looking at my children and my heart filled up just like yours. They were all four so beautiful, so intelligent, so good, and my heart was so full of love for them. All I could think was, "My joy is full!"

Scottkids said...

It is a great feeling!

Anonymous said...

This post just warms my heart!