10.15.2009

Appointment One

Today was Fantastic!

I had my first appointment, and Seth came with me. We were like high schoolers laughing and being immature while we waited to meet our doctor for the first time! I had to get a pap smear, so I was warning Seth what they were going to do to me. I showed him the HUGE poky thing they insert and twist around inside me. He was so disgusted, but wouldn't stop laughing! I told him he couldn't watch. He did.

On the form there is a spot where you have to check if you are African American. I checked that spot.

When the doctor came in, she started laughing and told me that the nurse said she didn't know why we checked that space because there was nobody in that room that was black. ( I jokingly told Seth, it defiantly isn't you) I told her it happens to me ALL THE TIME. It really does. My doctor could tell I was half, so she thought it was hilarious.

She was great! I really liked her, and so did Seth. I really wanted a female doctor this time around. I also found out that she is pregnant as well, so we talked a lot!

She gave me an ultrasound, and it was so awesome. Baby didn't look like a sea horse, and it looked pretty big for being 11 weeks. Baby wouldn't stop moving. We could clearly see hands and feet. Baby kept putting it's hands right by it's face and kind of waving. She printed off a picture of the baby for both kids and me of course!

She said baby was defiantly bigger than what we had thought, so for now she changed my due date by 8 days.

So, my due date for now is officially April 24th.

And I am now about 13 weeks. I'll take a week ahead anytime.

I was choked up hearing the heartbeat. It is such a beautiful sound. It is also a relief. Knowing that the baby is really in there, and alive.

18 comments:

Marnie said...

Oh, Melissa!! I LOVE the pic, and your details of your doctor visit. I also have a "girl feeling"... ;) I am so happy for you guys, I can't stand it! Love you guys!

Emily said...

Cute belly!!

Edwards. said...

seriously, cute belly! I dont have one of those yet! But so happy for you! I also am going to a female doc, and LOVE HER! I always went to male before, but yep, anyway, love the famale doc. She's fabulous. Crazy that baby is so much bigger! My doc said when she did ultrasound baby was measuring 5 days ahead, but wasn't going to change my due date this early in the game! So exciting! Like you, I would take a week ahead any day. :) So fun. I have my second apointment next week! Love you, and love the fact you have a healthy baby growing in ur belly.

Scottkids said...

The thing with this belly I get is that, it only comes at night. I wake up with a small bump on my lower abs, but that is it. By the end of the day though, the belly is there!

Mrs. JM said...

because i think you're great i'll tell you how cute you look but you're totally that girl i curse with a cute little bump at thirteen weeks. i just look like i gained 15 pounds.

Mrs. JM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mrs. JM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mrs. JM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sprouting Soy Candles said...

ooohh! I am so excited! What hospital/doctor are you going to? I had a female doctor and loved her. She was amazing. You look gorgeous and all glow-y. : ) You guys are finding out what it is, right? I am impatient..I need to know too. LOL I love your African American story...that is too dang funny! What a bunch of dorks.. LOL

Scottkids said...

I am delivering at the new IHC in Murray. It is so nice too! I am so excited! My Dr.'s name is Dr. Hebert. She seems to be excellent so far. And she told me that I don't have to be uncomfortable because looking at Vaginas is like looking at someone hand. so funny!

Mrs. JM said...

i totally DID NOT post my comment that many times. in fact, it wasn't there so i re-wrote a different one and now that one is no where to be seen. so weird! sorry, i deleted them all.

Candice said...

Your last confession put the pressure on to comment more often. Even though I think I am usually pretty good.
Cute picture.

Mindy Hawks said...

You need to scan the ultrasound and put a picture on here! Christina had her baby at IHC in Murray and I got to be there...its a really nice hospital!

TJ and Jessica said...

I'm so glad it went well! It's probably a relief to be able to hear the heartbeat. That's exciting that your due date is moved up!

Mal said...

I think that is the hospital I will go to next time. My friend works there and says its amazing. Have you been thinking of any names yet? I am thinking you're going to have a boy... ; )

Kathy&Mike said...

Oh, you're so beautiful, even if people can't tell what color you are, ha ha! Love you Melissa!

The Brindley's said...

I can already tell you are one of those amazingly cute pregnant chicks!! Yay for one more week. April 24 was my original due date with my last one...theyn they moved it up to April 10...had him in between. Good luck!

Scottkids said...

Aw.... Thanks Rachel that was so sweet. We will see what happens in 7 more months and see how cute you still think I am. I think the due date is a great time, either way.