I walked on the walkway 1 1/2 miles to the park, and then when we got to the park, I worked out on all the equipment while my babies played.
If you are trying to fit in a workout, and want to entertain your kids, this is the way to do it!
I used the bench for step-ups, and jumps, and I also used it to do seated squats, and tricep dips.
You can use the bars to do pull ups, and do your push ups where ever you want.
You can also do lunges, side kicks, leg extensions, I could go on and on. I was sweating, and so hot by the time I was done working out, that I didn't wear my jacket the 1 1/2 miles back to my car. It was such a great workout today.
THE BEAUTIFUL BUMP
This is officially my first baby bump picture, and I love it because we took it as a family during our family night.
We had such a great night as a family as well. We had a Halloween themed family night, so I made the kids little goodie bags before dinner. Trey was dancing. He was so happy.
They were so EXCITED! I swear it was like Christmas. I think it is officially one of my favorite holidays. Well, it is 2nd to Christmas.
I got them a little Halloween stuffed animal, the mugs, and a little treat. My kids are crazy for stuffed animals, so they were so happy.
I made Hawaiian Haystacks for dinner. Always a big hit at our house. It was so good.
After dinner, we made a Halloween Count down with ghosts. We made 31 ghosts, and each day we will hide a ghost somewhere in the house, and they have to find it. Each ghost has how many days left until Halloween written on it.We then put it on our tree in the kitchen, so they can always see it. The kids had so much fun decorating the ghost's faces. After we finished making them, we had to catch up 5 days that we missed, so Seth hid them around the house. Trey tried so hard to find them before Mykelle, but she found most of them!
After all that, we painted pumpkins. Seth was trying to take over my pumpkin with his "Perfectionism"... is that even a word? I wasn't having that though. So after calling him a loser (nicely.) and telling him to leave my stuff alone, he helped the kids instead. Ha. I'll post the final product tomorrow. It is sweet!
We ended the night with hot cocoa in skull mugs. We really enjoyed the night! It was a great time, A GREAT DAY.
I love these beautiful people so much. They make my life complete.

10 comments:
What a good idea for a workout!Love your FHE. I love Halloween!! Your baby bump sure is cute!!
You did not have that bump last week! Cute pics, looks like a fun night.
you are the cutest mom! you have great ideas!! i think you should write a book and sell it to me :)
You are such an amazing mom Melissa. I hope that one day I can too be a mom like you. You are so thoughtful and creative with your children, always making every experience with them something that they will remember. You are so very talented. I know that your children will look back at their childhood and will not be able to ask for anything better than what they got. You are amazing and I am lucky to have such a great friend as you to share your ideas and thoughts with all of us. Also, love the baby bump. You look great! I can not believe that it's there already...mine not soo much, but then again, I don't have the flat stomach like you do. :) Soon enough. I hope that I feel good soon so that I can walk, run, jump, play, and work out the way you do. It is a good day if I can play with the kids without laying on the couch. I just feel horrible! Counting down the days when it shall pass. Anyway...wrote a book...love you! And thanks for sharing your awesome day!
Melissa this post almost made me cry. You have such a beautiful family. FAMILIES ARE FOREVER!!!!
cute cute. cute bump, cute halloween treats, cute pumpkins, cute kids. loved it!
draper park has an entire area dedicated to the fitness enthusiast. i've never used it but i'm sure those who do look great, lol.
Mrs. JM, Where is this park located?
Emily,
The bump "appears" at night, and can't be sucked in! Ha. It is getting bigger though. I'm estimating maternity clothes by Christmas or sonner!
Mindy,
I love you so much! I think you are a fantastic mother, and so creative yourself! I hope my kids remember our life that way, but who knows?
I'm going to be making Halloween Cheesecake balls, and wish you were going to be here to do it with me!! I'm so sorry you are still sick! I hope you feel better once twelve weeks gets here!
it's at draper historic park (1300 east south of 12300 south). you just go through the round about and continue like you're going to corner canyon. you can't miss it (it's across the street from sweet briar hollow). we pinic there weekly during the summer because the trees are huge so there's lots of shade and there's four different playgrounds. join me next year!
You are the most creative person I know! What a great idea! I am stealing it, and every single recipe on this blog too!!!!
Btw, you look GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!! Pregnancy suits you.
Post a Comment