1.21.2010

Appointment Four

THIS BEAUTIFUL BUMP JUST KEEPS GETTING BIGGER, AND BIGGER! I AM LOVING IT!

Today 26wks. 6 Days

My doctors appointment today went great! We reviewed my Ultrasound, and she does not want to change my due date at all. She thinks the baby is still big. Well, big enough not to change the due date. I measured 27 weeks.

My doctor told me I was the cutest pregnant girl, and a little Fashionista today. Instead of correcting her, I just smiled and said thank you! Ha Ha. (Candice don't worry, this isn't your hat. I bought one for me too! Not that you would care if I wore it!)

I have to go in next week to do my glucose testing. I was supposed to do it today, but she was running behind, and I had to get back home.

I mentioned to her how low the baby was, and she mentioned being concerned about it being breech. It doesn't worry me yet, but I hope it corrects itself. I don't know what exactly the baby being low has to do with the baby being breech. I think I'll look into it.

Today, I felt EXTREMELY ANXIOUS. I felt like 3 months is going to take forever to meet this baby. I know it will go by fast, but it will take forever all in the same. I don't know how people can not find out the sex of the baby. It is hard!

I really feel fantastic most days, but I am getting to the sleepless nights. My back is starting to hurt so bad at night, and I wake up all night long to switch sides. I am so sick of sleeping on my sides! Other than that, I feel great! :)

26 Weeks
Mykelle took this picture. I guess she thought it looked better with my head cut off :)

Then my kids wanted a belly picture too. Cute huh? Notice Kel's chipmunk in the shot.
25 Weeks
Going out on a hot date. With my sexy husband. And my 2 adorable kids.

24 Weeks
On my way to work out!


One of the MANY Hair ties I made. Thanks for teaching me how to make them Emily! I love them!

Just a few pictures that I found on my camera! Kids are so cute! My kids love taking pictures!
Mykelle being so creative with Trey's train tracks! Notice that our floors upstairs STILL have no carpet.
This week for Family Night, we started a dinner journal. I kind of got the idea from Family Fun magazine, we just changed it a little.

Every night at dinner, we talk about our favorite thing of the day. We have since I can remember. It's one of my favorite rituals. Some days, it is just little things like, Seth usually says he is so happy to be home with his family. Almost every night. Mykelle almost always says going to school, or playing with her guniea pig.(Did I mention we got another one form my parents for Christmas?) Trey usually says he liked playing trains, or playing with his mom and sister. Mine changes daily, but there are those days when we all say something different. When we feel so happy that we don't want to forget what we did that day. so, we decided to start keeping track of all of them. Not every night, but every night we sit down together at the table for dinner. Which is usually 5 nights a week.

I also write what we ate for dinner. I don't know why, but I think it might be fun to look back on. I'm odd like that. I love looking back at things. I still remember things we ate as a family growing up. Shepherd's pie, ham fried rice, beans and corn bread, Roast, and my mom's potato cheese soup.

Anyway, that is what we did. We read about how important writing in journals are, then after dinner, we wrote in our own journals, and each others. I wrote Seth a really sweet, admiring note, and he wrote in mine, " I love you. Lets do it." It was sweet. Isn't he such a romantic? Oh, I love him!

THURSDAY CONFESSIONAL:

I looked at the scale today at the doctors! I've gained 13 pounds. I smiled though. My body feels strong! I feel like I have this incredible body that is going to give birth to a baby. I asked Seth if he can tell I gained 13 pounds, and he said kind of. I laughed, then I asked where. He said in my butt. LOL. Baby got back. I just DON'T want to get a double chin again!

I also must confess, that I like having a goal to get my body back in shape after each baby, and I like working towards getting my six pack back each time.

14 comments:

Jane said...

something is making me think.. with breech and being sideways you are gonna have a low-lying baby. i could be mistaken, so i will look into it.
the chipmunks are AWESOME toys! shannon loves her little female "chipette."
writing down what you ate is great! esp if you slip a recipe in there, ya never know when one of the kids might want it.
13 lbs is awesome!! i think that's the most i gained with erin, didn't help i was sick. gotta love the prego butt ;o) i was in way better shape in erin's pregnancy, i think it helps tremendously with labor. keep up the good work!

The Brindley's said...

You do need to share some tips on your "fashionista" style because you do always look so cute!

I love the idea about writing in the journal at dinner and what you ate, so cute. I also love that your husband is straightforward and to the point, just like mine.

13 pounds!?! You ROCK!!! and can you tell me how you get that six pack back? My baby is 9 months old and I still can't even see a beginning to a six pack.

Edwards. said...

You are amazing when it comes to journaling. That is something that I have tried to keep up with, but fail terribly every time. Something that I will try again, over and over again I am sure...I think it's important that you reflect on each day and what you are grateful for, or what your favorite part of the day was. It would be nice to sit down and have dinner as a family 5 nights a week! I barely get 3 if I'm lucky! :)

Six pack after every baby is GREAT and you do accomplish that goal every time! It's something we all wish we had!

And Missy.......I do comment on your blog thank you very much! :) lol AND it's not stupid...it was something that I thought...a confession. So there!

You know I love you!

Scottkids said...

I am so NOT a fashionista at all. Thanks though! I feel like I could up my style so much!

I can/will post my body after baby goals here though, and tell you all that I am doing.

LOL, and I felt like 13 pounds was a lot, but I guess the doc says it should be about 20, so that is good!

Mindy,
You just asked why other people didn't comment on your blog, and I was telling you why silly. I know you comment on mine.

AND, I know having big legs is something you thought, but I don't even know why you would think that! You are tiny!! So I was actually giving you a compliment!
I love u 2!

Scottkids said...

OH YEAH one last thing, we don't eat dinner with Seth every night either.He can't be home at dinner time every night, and I can't make my kids wait! It's usually just me and the kids 3 days a week. But, we still light candles at dinner, and still sit down together, because for me it is unwinding.
I know that would be hard having Cody gone almost every night!

Candice said...

That is so cute of the kids posing with their bellies. I haven't seen them forever.

The Halladay Family said...

You look so cute, no wonder you look you love being pregers. I hade gained 13 pound sin my first trimester, way to go hot stuff. I must admit too, that the way you love your husband inspires me to be a better wife, and love Nate a little more each day. Thanks
Steph

Kathy&Mike said...

Melissa, in that first picture, I thought the lamp behind you was part of your hat, Ha Ha Ha!!!

Scottkids said...

Kathy,

Mindy pointed that out to me on FB. I didn't even notice until then. Ha Ha. Oh well!

Scottkids said...

Aw... Thansk Steph!!!

Julie Catoe said...

I love the picture of your kids, Trey is so dang cute you can tell he is not trying to smile.

TJ and Jessica said...

I LOVE the pic of the kiddos and their "prego bellies" :) They're so stinking cute! Thanks for your sweet message on my blog. It brought tears to my eyes and meant a lot to me. I love you!!!

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.ile-maurice.com/forum/members/wetter-vorhersage.html][b]wetter 2009[/b][/url]

[url=http://www.ile-maurice.com/forum/members/wetter-vorhersage.html][b]anton wetter[b][/url]

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.ile-maurice.com/forum/members/wetter-vorhersage.html]wetter 2[/url]

[url=http://www.ile-maurice.com/forum/members/wetter-vorhersage.html]wetter gran canaria[/url]