Doing my Endowments at the temple was Amazing.
It was a very spiritual and unforgettable experience for me.
I really only burst out into tears twice. Okay, maybe four times.
1. Doing my initiatory.
2. In the chapel when I turned around and saw all my family and friends entering the room.
3. In the Celestial room when my mother in law started crying. She was so happy for me, but I knew why she was crying.
4. A Sister working at the temple whispered to me to keep being an example to my family, and they would be at the temple with me soon. She didn't even know my situation, but I felt the spirit so strong, and couldn't help but cry.
Honestly, I prayed this week that I would not be too emotional. It seems like a silly thing to pray about, but to me it was a big deal. I was so happy to be going through the temple, but I felt so sad on Monday thinking about my children, and Seth. I was wishing he would be there with me, and that I could be sealed to him and my children. I felt peaceful the rest of the week.
I really thought my experience was amazing, and although I cannot speak of what was the most spiritual and amazing to me, for those of you that are not LDS, it is not because it is a secret, it is because it is so sacred, that we cannot speak of the things that happen there outside of the Temple.
I do have more to say about garments. (& I am not judging anyone that has ever said anything about them, because I have made my own little jokes about garments too, or talked about how I didn't want to wear them) but I do want to say that I now understand their sacred meaning, and find it astonishing. I feel so privileged to be wearing them, and I hope everyone can remember how lucky we are to be wearing them.
I feel so lucky, and loved ( By my family and friends, and by our Heavenly Father)
I also want to Thank everyone so much for being so supportive of me, and all my desires. It truly means so much to me. Thank You.
I am a New Woman today!

14 comments:
I am so proud of you melissa and am so incredibly happy for you! It is amazing to be able to go through the temple for your own endowments, and the spirit that you feel while doing so. I wish that I could have been there with you to celebrate in your special day, but know that I was thinking of you and that I love you! Congratulations on achieving your goal.
This post almost made me cry! I am so happy for you and so proud of you! All morning I was sad that I couldn't be there with you, but so happy for you. While I was waiting in the waiting room I seriously had to fight back tears. And then every time someone that I knew that was there for you walked around the corner I wanted to cry. I'm such a baby!! I just kept thinking about everything that we have been through and I am so grateful for all the years of friendship. But you're more than just a best friend to me, you are a sister. You are an amazing example to me and everyone around you. I can't wait to go next month and have you there with me!! It's going to be so amazing!!! Maybe you can help me not cry the whole time :) LOVE YOU!!!
I'm so happy for you Melissa! What an amazing experience that must've been for you. I'm so inspired by you for working so hard to achieve your goal. I'm sorry I wasn't able to make it down there to go with you but I was thinking about you all morning and I know that you were surrounded by people who love and support you too! We need to go together soon, maybe you can help me out of my funk. :) Congratulatoins sweetie!!
Melissa-
I have been thinking about you yesterday and today. I am happy for you. You wanted this for so long and the day finally came. I think it is great that you have such a strong desire to live your life how you want to and I am proud of you for that. You going threw the temple for you and no one else is what is important and you should be proud of yourself for that.
Congrats! You look beautiful. I hope one day I can experience it too.
It was so wonderful to be with you, Melissa. We love you so much. Thanks for being one of our kids!
How amazing! You are amazing woman! I seriously am so proud of you and your strength. I can't wait until I can have my own experience and you give me more strength to do it on my own. I'm sorry I wasn't able to be there, but I can't wait to see you thursday!
I am sooo thrilled for you! You are such a great person and I think you will be such a good example to many people out there. I love you!
best day ever. Thanks for waiting for us to be there.
I want you to know again how excited and proud of you I am. I have never told you this, but you are a HUGE example to me. You are such a strong person and I know you have a strong testimony. Thanks for being who you are. You are a great woman! I am honored to know you.
Melissa I am so happy for you! What an amazing day. Just reading your post I can feel the spirt and started crying for you. It is such an amazing day. I think your amazing!!! in so many ways.
Congratulations Melissa!!! I love how you describe your experiences - you make them so real to everyone who reads your blogs. I also love your outfit - you look SO beautiful!
I started crying while reading this. I'm so happy for you! I'm glad you decided to go & I can't wait till we can go together! I miss you!
Post a Comment