1.02.2010

Catching up on Christmas

Catching up on Christmas. Better late than never, right?
A few days before Christmas, we got together with Seth's family, and had dinner, and made Gingerbread Houses. Mykelle really had fun, although she looks like an angry elf in this picture! Cousins. They are such good buddies. It's so fun!
We gave the kids animal masks for Christmas. They are so cute. Here the kids are entertaining themselves while we were painting over Christmas break.



Traditional pictures of the kids with their gifts. They were so EXCITED Christmas morning.

I can't wait to post pictures of the kid's bedrooms. They are looking so cute. (With all the pillows and all. You will see what I mean when I post pictures)

As you can also see, I purchased Kasey Pottery Barn Bedding. I love it! Pottery Barn bedding is so worth it. They are so comfy too.

Trey's big present this year from Santa was his Train set. Along with about 50 trains. He played trains LITERALLY all day long Christmas day, and plays them all day still. It's so fun for him, and I'm so happy about that.

Mykelle's big present from Santa was her unicorn, and her horse set. She loves stuffed animals, and was so happy when she opened it. She got tons of little things that she loves. Including art supplies.

Trey was so happy when he opened Mykelle's present. ( Thomas Books, and candy)
So excited when they saw the bunk beds in their room. They both climbed straight to the top bunk!
First thing Kel did was dump out her stocking to find her treats, and make up! She loves her stocking every year. That is exactly how I was! I can't wait to have "Extra" money when we can actually spend a little more on each other. (Me and Seth)

Trey, all smiles when he saw all his trains! That was just some of them.

Santa built a track around the whole living room. It was so cool.

Santa left cute little notes this year, and will continue to leave them every year from now on. The kids love them!! I saved them for their journals. The letters talked about many good things about both of them, and things they should work extra hard on this year.
Mykelle's was being nice to her brother, and being a better listener when she is told to do something.
Trey's said he needed to talk nicer to others, and to make sure he doesn't "Pee a little" in his underwear. Ha Ha. This makes me laugh every time.

Leaving cookies, and eggnog for Santa, and carrots for the reindeer.

Smirky our "Family Elf" left PJ's under our tree while we were out on Christmas Eve. He also left Christmas Eve books. Smirky has been around since Mykelle was little.

Sharing a Giant Root Beer Float at Famous Daves on Christmas Eve. It was yummy!
Every Year, me and my BFs get together and do a Christmas party, and gift exchange. This year, Jessica invited her cousin Marissa, and her sister Angela. It was so much fun! We had tons of food, lots of fun, and lots of girl talk!


Here is a cute picture of the oldest girls. All within months apart. Our (Mindy, and Emily's) other kids are all within months apart too, and Mindy and I are both within a week of each other for our third babies as well. It's crazy, and so fun.

Getting ready to do our "Used Toy" gift exchange. The kids love this, and it is always a big hit! Kids don't even care, they are always new to them!


The ladies, and a few kids.


3 comments:

Julie Catoe said...

So cute. Mykelle looks older, crazy. The beds are so cute. And I love the idea of the letters. Santa did a letter but it was not so personalized. You kids look so happy it is so awesome.

Anonymous said...

Alliyah is definitely going to want to come over to that train set! She loves them!! Santa didn't pull through on that one though@

Anonymous said...

Alliyah is definitely going to want to come over to that train set! She loves them!! Santa didn't pull through on that one though@