Ailee I only posted this picture because you look so cute! Me, not so much!
I cannot believe it is 2010! This year flew by. It is sad to me though. My kids are growing so quickly!
So many great things happened this year though. Here are just a handful of things.
January- I had a really strong desire to start the year out great! I was ready for it. I needed it. Started out my resolutions GREAT, and you can read about them HERE. The year started out great, and I had a great attitude too!
February- Still had the same attitude, and fell in LOVE with Thai food. From then on, I decided I needed to be more open and try different foods.
March-Seth and I celebrated our 5th Anniversary. And 8th year together. I have fallen in love with him so much more than I ever thought possible this year.
Spent a long weekend in St. George with the family.
Spent the weekend in Wendover with friends, and went to Boyz to Men. It was so fun!
April-I started my calling in the Primary Presidency at Church as secretary, and was so unsure about working with ladies I didn't think were anything like me. Although, I think we are different in our own ways, I really have enjoyed my calling a lot, and getting to know the ladies I am in Primary with. Especially Stephanie, who I really didn't know before. She has this gentle, sweet, kind personality that I love.
May-We started remodeling, and my husband made our house look amazing.
We spent a week in Florida!
Mykelle turned 5!
June- I turned 25. Or 26. I'm not sure. It's 25. I love getting older. To me, it means getting wiser, and learning more about yourself. I will only say this until I start looking old. Then I might not like it.
I stopped babysitting my adopted daughters(Taylor and Brilyn), and was a little sad, although we still spent so much time together.
July- Girls Weekend with the BF's. It was one of the best weekends of the year!
I got my Temple recommend, and started going to the Temple weekly!
August- We found out we were having baby number 3, and I was so excited I jumped up and down in the bathroom before telling Seth.
September- Backpacked Havasupai. That was a hard 10 miles, but it was an awesome experience, and a really good time!
Trey turned 3!
Naomi left to Belize for her mission.
October-Vowed to have family night every week!
First Doctors appointment, heard sweet baby's heart beat, and I started getting a little baby bump!
November-Seth turned 30, and we had a great, memorable birthday! ;)
Although I wanted to throw him a party, we might have to do that this year instead!
We were very thankful during Thanksgiving, for everything that we have, and being able to live in such a great country!
December-Took Temple classes with a lady in our ward that I love! We had the best classes, and she was so great!
We got to talk to Naomi on the phone at Christmas.
If you read my New Year Resolutions from 2009, some of them went great. Even better than I had wished for. Others were not so good.
For example, I read so many books. Here are some I can remember.
My goal was to read 10 more books. I started several books, but I can't get into some books I've realized. I mostly read love stories, drama and mysteries but like any good book that doesn't make me feel like I have to think too much. Ha Ha. I usually read at night, and at the gym, so I don't want to have to think, just unwind. I don't mind a book that helps you become a better you if it is an easy read.
1. "Secret Life of Bees" Sue Monk Kidd
2. "Irresistible" by Susan Mallory
3. "Sizzling" by Susan Mallory
4. "The Last Lecture" Randy Pausch
5. " How to get the Love you want" by Harville Hendrix, Ph. D.
6. " The Memory Keeper's Daughter" by Kim Edwards
7. "My Sister's Keeper" Jodi Picolt
8. "The Voice of Knowledge" Don Miguel Ruiz
9."90 minutes in Heaven" Don Piper
10. " Twilight" Stephanie Meyer
11. "New Moon" Stephanie Meyer
12. "Promise not to tell"
13. "Dear John" Nicholas Sparks
On the other hand, I didn't finish the Book of Mormon, but will continue that goal this year.
I don't have a lot of goals I feel like setting this year. Like I have said in the past, I make changes in my life when I feel they are necessary. I do have some things I would like to continue, but mostly, I just want to keep becoming a better me, and keep growing and learning more about myself.
As far as the rest of my goals from last year go, I want to continue all of them, and add a few.
I didn't get around to doing any photo journaling, or scrap booking, but I will try again this year, and see what happens. I think I may join a monthly photo journaling/scrap booking group, but I may just make my own with friends. I don't really scrapbook anymore, but I do want to journal and put together my photo albums.How funny is this picture? It reminds me of my grandparents old FHE book or something.
I want to continue having family night every week. I have consistently done this since October. I love it, and my family enjoys it so much. We are all so close, and it feels so good to dedicate one night to the 4 of us.
I want to continue reading books. No certain amount. I just want to keep doing it. It is great down time for me, and I watch less TV when I have a good book.
I also want to continue to cook more healthy for our family, and continue eating more healthy. I'm still not that good at it, but I have been really good at stocking up on fruits and veggies every Monday. I also keep fruit platters and veggie trays in the fridge, so we can just grab them and eat them. I do have to say my kids eat pretty healthy, and LOVE their fruits and veggies.
I plan on continuing to go to the Temple each week, but my goal is to go AT LEAST twice a month. I went back to the Temple this Tuesday, and it was pretty Awesome. I did initiatorys for the first time. I will for sure take advantage of living so close to all the Temples in Utah.


4 comments:
LOVE this post! I had no idea anyone else had a book resolution, that's awesome! I like reading, because I love to write and I like seeing different writing styles. Healthier eating is a big one with us too. Shannon is always asking me for more food, sometimes I think she's a bored eater.. lol, anyway! Now when she asks me for food after a huge meal, and whatever kind of snack I give her, I just give her more fruit. Way to go mama, hope you have a great '10!
Cool post. If you like Thai. The best Thai is Channon Thai it is even voted one of the best in Utah. It is next door to Cocoa Cafe. They have funky hours so make sure you call before you go but it is totally worth it, Yum making me want some now. Good luck with all of your new goals for the year.
where do you find all your cute pictures? do you use google or another site.
If you ever need a temple buddy let me know and i would love to go. Where do you workout at?
I agree with Julie. That place is AMAZING! They use fresh everything in their food. Yummy. Sigh. I miss Utah food. I love that you're so into reading. Without you, I wouldn't have read Twilight, one of my fave books of all time! Its a good habit, and your kids will probably pick it up too. I hope Max does. Very cool post.
Post a Comment