Last night, I had contractions all night. Some were painful, but nothing consistent. Seth and I were up until about 1:30am. (I just don't sleep much these days. I'm not tired, and its somewhat uncomfortable to sleep!) When I laid down to go to sleep, I felt most of baby's movement by my ribs, which usually, I feel really low. Then, my belly was moving all around in every direction! It was CRAZY. For like 10 minutes. I stood up, and my belly was a new shape. Weird. Maybe the baby flipped.
When we got to Maternal Fetal Medicine, they gave me a quick ultrasound before they were going to give me a shot, and sure enough, baby was head down!!! Woo Hoo! Thanks for all your prayers, and thanks to my sweet yoga moves! I was so EXCITED! They also told me I had lots, and lots of amniotic fluid. (Which makes my fear of my water breaking even worse! )
I had to stay and be monitored, then Seth and I went out to lunch because I was STARVING! My next apt. wasn't until 3, so we had an hour. We went to Sconecutter of course, for a Turkey, Bacon, Avocado sandwich on a wheat scone. YUM!
At my appointment, the Dr. was so excited for me! He checked me, and my cervix was only 40% and still a 1 1/2. He said that was good though since it wasn't thinned last week.
He ALSO told me that I didn't need to be induced next week now, and that we should wait for my Doctor to come back before I get induced. Dang. I knew that was going to happen if the baby flipped on its own though, so I am okay with that! Obviously, my body needs some time to get ready anyway.
So, this will be the longest 3 weeks of my life I'm sure. I have so much going on this month that it will be okay, but STILL. Mykelle starts Soccer, and has Dance and all the stuff that goes with that.
I will have lots of fun with my two kiddos before the baby gets here!
I forgot to ask about the results of Strep B, but I am going to assume it was negative since they didn't say anything. Also, I didn't find out what my measurement was. It wasn't on my mind!
And that Sums it up!
We are sooooo excited to meet this little baby! Now its time to do my regular yoga, to move that head down!
Today. 37 Weeks

4 comments:
Yeah! That's great news, I'm glad you didn't have to go through any of that and dont have to be induced. Hope everything keeps going good for you. Thanks for you comment on my blog. :)
As for the nursing gown, I got it because you said it was great. :) And it was. So much better than the hospital nursing gown that just opens up wide. It was so comfy. Hope you enjoy yours too.
I'm so glad everything is ok! I can't wait to meet the new little one! You have the most beautiful family & the baby is going to make it even more wonderful! I MISS YOU tons & can't wait to see you!! Soon I hope! :)
hey girl! i'm sorry i've been mia. you've posted quite a bit that i've just now caught up on. it's been a bit busy around here.
i'm so glad things went well for you and little one flipped without assistance (besides yoga, of course).
counting down!
em
p.s. snow is polluted :)
I am so glad that you didn't have to have the inversion either and that babe flipped on its own! so happy for you...and now you get to wait just like me until the end of the month for your little one to get here! :) It is going to be the longest weeks yet! I am so ready for them to be here! You look great as always! I can't believe the difference in your belly. It is smaller now that your babe has flipped! crazy!
Post a Comment