4.22.2010

Happy Birthday Swayzee

*Sorry if this is all over the place. I have to write fast.

or Swayz or zee. whatever nickname you want to call her.

so, Friday I had my 39 week check up, and dr. ras had me make an appointment for Monday to see dr. hebert.

when I went in, on Friday, I was dilated to a 2, and 50% thinned. i had contractions all day on Friday, and thought for sure it was going to happen on its own. the contractions stopped by late Friday night, so i bagged that idea for the day.

Saturday morning, we all woke up early and went out to breakfast. then my parents and I went walkinG with the kids. I had contractions while walking, but then nothing. my parents took the kids while Seth and I had one last date night. it was nice.

after church Sunday, we went and had a picnic, and played baseball. it was so fun! I thought FOR SURE I was going to
have her that night. i was having contractions, but nothing.

So, I went home that night and got stuff ready just in case Monday morning I would be lucky enough to be induced.

I didn't sleep AT ALL on SUnday night. I was Anxious.

Monday Morning, when I went in, Dr. Hebert (My regular Doctor) checked me, and i was Dilated to a 3, and 50% thinned. I told her i would love to get induced this week, and jokingly, but seriously, told her I would LOVE to Get induced today! I was having contractions, so She called down to Labor and Delivery, and they told me to come right down and they would start me!

Honestly, I almost started crying! I was so happy to not have to play the waiting game any more, and to meet our sweet baby.

so, I went right down and got registered, and went in. I had to wait a little while for Seth to get there, but then we were on!

at about 11:30, we started pitocin. They couldn't break my water because the head was so high, and they didn't want the cord to get tangled up.

I wanted to tough it out for a little while, and wait to get my epidural until I really needed it. I waited until I was dilated to a 5, then decided I would get it Around 2:30, that is also when they said I was ready to have my water broke, so they did that, and I went right to a 7.

I called my mom and told her to bring the kids over (They really, really, really, wanted to see their baby sister come out of my "tummy". That morning, Mykelle said "Please ask your doctor if we can come watch the baby come out. we will be so good!") Mykelle watched Trey be born, and loved it. we couldn't decide what to do this time, but we are so glad we let them watch. my parents held both of them at the side of my bed, so they could see her right after she came out. they were amazed the whole time, and They behaved perfectly.

mykelle was all teary eyed, and trey kept saying "thank you mom, thank you mom, I'm so happy! I love my sister!"

it was a priceless moment for us as a family. they couldn't stop smiling.

We all made our predictions about the size of the baby, and the time she would be born. my guess was 4:40, and 6 lbs. 10 oz.

I was at a 9 by 4:40, and totally could have pushed by then, but the nurse said let's just wait. so we waited. she said we would push at 5, then came back in a 5:15. Called the doctor. My doctor came in set up, and I pushed for 1 minute, and 30 seconds.

she made her appearance at 5:40pm. It was honestly so easy, and when she came out, i thought for sure she was 5lbs. she seemed so little. she didn't make a peep. she just stared at me, and it totally scared me. I just wanted her to cry. a comfort that all was good I guess.

she didn't cry again until that night. she has only cried a handful of times since, and it is when she is hungry.

she has the sweetest spirit ever. we all just held her and loved on her while I got my stitches. ( I tore a little, and man does it hurt to recover from!)

she stayed awake all evening. just staring at us all.

I think we were all so happy. Seth is always so proud.

I always feel so accomplished, amazing, and smitten.

she has been an awesome eater, sleeper, and cuddler!

the kids can't keep their hands off her, and they love her so much!!

as I write this, I am almost overwhelmed with sadness that it is all over.

it is such an amazing experience to go through as a family.

everything.

she will continue to grow up so fast, and that makes me sad.

I was super sad Naomi couldn't be here. she hasn't missed a birth, and when she called me bawling, I couldn't help but cry.

I miss her.

I love her.

Swayz was born 1 day before her birthday. still a present to her (as she says)

Another thing I love about bringing a child into the world, is the closeness it brings throughout family. I love it. My parents, and Seth's parent's have been so awesome and helpful. My friends have shown so much love and support too!

thank you all for everything!

we are so in love with our life right now.

I was up all night feeding this eating machine, and I still couldn't be happier.

5 comments:

Mrs. JM said...

beautiful story melissa! it is such a special time and it does go by in a flash. being as present as possible in each moment is all you can do. enjoy every tiny second.

Wells Family said...

You just made me bawl like a baby haha. I can't wait to feel the same way you are feeling when our little one is here. And I think it is so neat that you let your kids be there for lil sisters birth, how special. Swayzee is beautiful! As are you!Congrats!

Emily said...

OH my! The part about your sweet little kiddos made me cry. I'm so happy for you and your family. It makes me so excited to have another one, whenever that will be.

Mindy Hawks said...

Dang I am jealous you only pushed for a minute and a half. I want that to happen to me! lol
Congratulations she is beautiful! Reading this made me even more anxious and excited for my little girl to be here! I'm even weirdly looking forward to labor! It's just the most amazing thing!
Hope I get to see little Zee one of these days! (That's my favorite nickname choice for her. :) )

Kathy&Mike said...

What a beautiful and touching birth story, Melissa. I love you.