4.09.2010

Appointment 10

Today. 38 weeks SERIOUSLY, I LOVE THIS!!!

What do I know?

Baby is head down still, but has switched sides. Baby isn't very far down though, and like every pregnancy, he told me that it wasn't looking very likely to have this baby any time soon, and induction still wasn't an option.

ive lost about 5 pounds, and it concerned the nurse. she asked if I have been eating, or if I have been throwing up! I laughed a little, but then again she doesn't know me so I told her "OF COURSE, I love to eat, and would do anything to not throw up because, I hate it!"

I don't mind gaining weight when I'm pregnant. it is for good reasons of course,(and i know i can lose it) that worried me a little though. she said since January. i have only gained 5 pounds. Bring on the bacon!

the baby also measured only 36 weeks, which worried me, but not the doc. he said that it is because the baby is head down. I normally stop growing at 37 weeks though, so i guess that is normal.

I was still dilated to a 1, and barely 50% effaced. It doesn't really mean anything, that is what they say to me every time, but I do think I will wait until the 24th at least to be induced if Dr. Hebert will let me.

My original due date was May one, so, I am going to just go with that. That means if I get induced around the 24th, it will only be a week early (If that is the case)

Either way, I feel great really. (knock on wood) my back hasn't hurt since about 8 1/2 mths, and i have found an awesome position to sleep in, and have slept great when i feel tired.

I have been enjoying my time with the kids a lot, We have been doing lots of fun stuff. i kind of wish I was still teaching though, to keep me occupied. there is not another thing I can do around here. everything is clean, i already planned my whole next year of curriculum. i keep up on laundry each day. i need to stay busy, or i will get anxious.

isn't it funny that two weeks fly by the whole pregnancy, until the very end? we are so excited either way, and cannot wait to meet baby!

4 comments:

Edwards. said...

you look fabulous Melissa! I love that cute dress on you! It's adorable! I want one! I'm so happy baby didn't flip on you! And if you wait until the 1st of May then our babes would only two days apart! That would be crazy! And if you don't get induced on the 24th and still go a bit early we could have our babies at the same time! :) So crazy! I'm so excited! And yes, seriously could the two weeks go by any slower??

Mrs. JM said...

i love that nursery below .. so cute!

glad baby is still head down. these last few weeks are super hard. at least the weather is getting nice. go for walks, maybe you'll go into labor!

Julie Catoe said...

That is the coolest picture!
You look so beautiful. I love your outfit. You are truly an inspiration to all pregnant women and all women in general. I don't even get that cute everyday.

Emily said...

I've got something for you to do. Me, you and Jess need to have a girls night before baby comes.